Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Things I like abroad better than here. #121131

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I've been aware in the past that the ze myth of cherman efficiency doesn't always apply to the retail sector (late takeup of technology) but I find that very odd. Is it an EPOS/stock failling or a logistical one, do you think? They're too busy making motor vehicles to actually drive stuff around in them?
    I think it is down to individual managers and their competence tbh - my local one was particularly bad for that. But that's another thing - I may have mentioned this before - a brand new supermarket built near me and they DIDN'T PUT IN SELF-SERVICE TILLS.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You put rum in it, don't you?
    Of course - one wouldn't waste good whisk(e)y

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    supermarket*

discuss

excludes Iceland where I went to a supermarket called bonus and it was awful.
    Canada does them better, Pat. The variety on offer and quality of many things is quite astonishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    I was thinking about an app for people to share public toilet info for those who like walking. Yes Walking not wa nking
    Though it's probably already done.
    whilst away I walked over 100miles in 2 weeks and finding a pisser isn't always the easiest thing.
    hotels are always good (most of the time) I am never worried to stroll in and use the facilities. worst case pretend to be on the phone.
    All a bit George Michael no?

The loblaws that’s in maple leaf gardens is amazing.
    I like sobeys too

I've been aware in the past that the ze myth of cherman efficiency doesn't always apply to the retail sector (late takeup of technology) but I find that very odd. Is it an EPOS/stock failling or a logistical one, do you think? They're too busy making motor vehicles to actually drive stuff around in them?
    No, it’s because krauts are quite extraordinarily mean, but on price alone and will happily put up with crappy service, decor and layout as long as it’s cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    **** all wrong with George Michael, imo.

Except that he's dead, I suppose, but you know what I mean.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Not any more, mate. They've got grindr for that.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    **** all wrong with George Michael, imo.

Except that he's dead, I suppose, but you know what I mean.
    Actually, him being dead is the worst thing about him. The little patch of grass in Highgate by The Flask, Ray Davies's house and Kate Moss's house is now a permenant shrine to the auld bugger and it's a bleedin mess with scruffy flags, messages, dead flowers and so on. And tourists everywhere, of course.

Actually, him being dead is the worst thing about him. The little patch of grass in Highgate by The Flask, Ray Davies's house and Kate Moss's house is now a permenant shrine to the auld bugger and it's a bleedin mess with scruffy flags, messages, dead flowers and so on. And tourists everywhere, of course.
    Why there? He's from my manor, up Henley way. Goring, I think.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."