Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I like abroad better than here. #121131

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Man cannot live on beer alone
    Do they do that thing over there where people rip open multipacks and just buy one

I like the different shaped cans in Italy. and in Austria I found 500ml cans

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What the hell would you be wanting with Coke?
    you can't beat the feeling/real thing.

Best drink in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    supermarket*

discuss

excludes Iceland where I went to a supermarket called bonus and it was awful.
    There is a fantastic supermarket on Green Lanes, Sainsbury by the old Haringey bridge.

Structurally sound, magnificently constructed, will be there in 100s of years. Wd the builders and all involved.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    There is a fantastic supermarket on Green Lanes, Sainsbury by the old Haringey bridge.

Structurally sound, magnificently constructed, will be there in 100s of years. Wd the builders and all involved.
    Terrible place to get to traffic wise and a ridiculously busy mcdonalds drive thru.

I avoid driving down Green Lanes unless it's late at night

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Very useful place to nip in for a wee when walking down Green Lanes.

Do they do that thing over there where people rip open multipacks and just buy one
    The thing that gets me is when people start EATING the food in their trolleys before they've paid for it! Eg baguettes, grapes that hadn't been weighed.

My French ex used to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    All my hours of sweat and toil and all you can do is pish against the wall.

Btw having read Arseblog earlier today it put me in mind of your own match summation yesterday. Essentially and very much an occasion where you had to be there.

Read a thing on him last night in The Guardian, Amy Lawrence I think. All a bit mad after one game but there is modern football.

Wd EN.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Jesus - you don't know you are born. What I would give for a Waitrose or M&S Food place here - even a Sainsbury's or Tescos would be great. Try living in a country where everything closes at 8pm and nothing opens on Sundays. And if something sells out, it is never replaced because why would they like popular stuff in the store. My local Edeka - which is about the size of Sainsbury's in Angel (if that is still there) hasn't had any Coke in it for a week now
    I've been aware in the past that the ze myth of cherman efficiency doesn't always apply to the retail sector (late takeup of technology) but I find that very odd. Is it an EPOS/stock failling or a logistical one, do you think? They're too busy making motor vehicles to actually drive stuff around in them?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I was thinking about an app for people to share public toilet info for those who like walking. Yes Walking not wa nking
    Though it's probably already done.
    whilst away I walked over 100miles in 2 weeks and finding a pisser isn't always the easiest thing.
    hotels are always good (most of the time) I am never worried to stroll in and use the facilities. worst case pretend to be on the phone.

I like the different shaped cans in Italy. and in Austria I found 500ml cans
    Oh yes - all the time. 500kml cans were my favourite. It does taste much better in a can