Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Things I like abroad better than here. #121131

Things I like abroad better than here. #121131

supermarket*

discuss

excludes Iceland where I went to a supermarket called bonus and it was awful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    supermarket*

discuss

Supermarkets in France vary in quality so much, you never know what you're going to get. And I don't mean by brand, I mean by location. For example, the Intermarché in Uzes is magnificent, whilst the branch in Calais is repulsive.

In Holland there's only really one option, Albert Heijn, and they're just dull.

No. I think we do supermarkets rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Supermarkets in France vary in quality so much, you never know what you're going to get. And I don't mean by brand, I mean by location. For example, the Intermarché in Uzes is magnificent, whilst the branch in Calais is repulsive.

In Holland there's only really one option, Albert Heijn, and they're just dull.

No. I think we do supermarkets rather well.
    Carrefour I like, I like a lot of the Italian wons.
    Ralphs in LA was top notch and Trader Joes was good, in Canada the Loblaws in Toronto was the best supermarket I have ever seen.

Perhaps coming back from holiday and having to go to Morrisons as it's closest put me in this mood.
    But as other choices go Tescos and sainsburys, Asda I am not fond of, Waitrose is good but there isn't a big won near me.

Carrefour I like, I like a lot of the Italian wons.
    Ralphs in LA was top notch and Trader Joes was good, in Canada the Loblaws in Toronto was the best supermarket I have ever seen.

Perhaps coming back from holiday and having to go to Morrisons as it's closest put me in this mood.
    But as other choices go Tescos and sainsburys, Asda I am not fond of, Waitrose is good but there isn't a big won near me.
    Get yourself oop norf and check out Booth's, f. I'd go to Booth's for a day out, just to wander the aisles in wonder.

supermarket*

discuss

I like some things about their supermarkets, such as better fish counters and the availability of foreign stuff. However, I greatly dislike the French thing of having to weigh and label one's own vegetables. What the fück is that all about? Also, the staff are surly.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I like some things about their supermarkets, such as better fish counters and the availability of foreign stuff. However, I greatly dislike the French thing of having to weigh and label one's own vegetables. What the fück is that all about? Also, the staff are surly.
    I also think it seems like if you go there later in the day they seem to still have stuff available.
    whereas if I go somewhere here in the evening all the good stuff is gone.

I think they close the deli counter at morrisons near me at 18:30pm ridiclues. the store closes at 10

supermarket*

Jesus - you don't know you are born. What I would give for a Waitrose or M&S Food place here - even a Sainsbury's or Tescos would be great. Try living in a country where everything closes at 8pm and nothing opens on Sundays. And if something sells out, it is never replaced because why would they like popular stuff in the store. My local Edeka - which is about the size of Sainsbury's in Angel (if that is still there) hasn't had any Coke in it for a week now

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Jesus - you don't know you are born. What I would give for a Waitrose or M&S Food place here - even a Sainsbury's or Tescos would be great. Try living in a country where everything closes at 8pm and nothing opens on Sundays. And if something sells out, it is never replaced because why would they like popular stuff in the store. My local Edeka - which is about the size of Sainsbury's in Angel (if that is still there) hasn't had any Coke in it for a week now
    What the hell would you be wanting with Coke?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What the hell would you be wanting with Coke?
    Man cannot live on beer alone

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Man cannot live on beer alone
    You put rum in it, don't you?