Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Things I like abroad better than here. #121131

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Walk in, look around as if you are looking for your friend that you have arranged to meet, make your way to the jacks and pish. Leave.

Save your 30p.
    I've done that. Of course in a large, busy pub no subterfuge is necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not on the Northern Line though, is it? It's not where you come from but where you end up, I think.
    Right, of course. He lived, and died, in Goring.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

All my hours of sweat and toil and all you can do is pish against the wall.

Btw having read Arseblog earlier today it put me in mind of your own match summation yesterday. Essentially and very much an occasion where you had to be there.

Read a thing on him last night in The Guardian, Amy Lawrence I think. All a bit mad after one game but there is modern football.

Wd EN.
    Speaking of female football writers - Alyson Rudd?

Yay or nay?

I reckon Winter, Holt, Kay, Samuel etc all lust after her desperately at away games. Lined up outside her hotel room door in hope, that sort of thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    My companion isn't.
    So this is a women's issue? I might have bloody known it.....

Decent singer for sure.

I watched Freedom last week. Meh.
    Must admit I rather lost interest when his band broke up. Got all their LPs though. Genius, was George.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Speaking of female football writers - Alyson Rudd?

Yay or nay?

I reckon Winter, Holt, Kay, Samuel etc all lust after her desperately at away games. Lined up outside her hotel room door in hope, that sort of thing.
    Nay - not as a football writer not as a person. And I think you overplay the glamorous nature of a football writer a bit too much. Rudd never goes (or very rarely) goes to a game outside the M25 so she's always home quickly after a game. Similarly, except for European away games I doubt the four you mention spend much time in hotels either

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Nay - not as a football writer not as a person. And I think you overplay the glamorous nature of a football writer a bit too much. Rudd never goes (or very rarely) goes to a game outside the M25 so she's always home quickly after a game. Similarly, except for European away games I doubt the four you mention spend much time in hotels either
    Well, that's that fantasy nicely dealt with then