Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I know I'm slightly obsessed by The Guardian, but in this piece, the author

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That's the danger, though. Allow his namby-pamby reasonableness to go unchecked, and within 2 or 3 generations you've got yourself another swathe of Owen Jones / Abi Wilkinsons fúcking everything up
    I see Owen Jones is complaining that his sister has attracted the attention of the security services by virtue of taking part in the G20 riots in Hamburg. Pleasingly, quite a lot of the comments are congratulating the security services for doing their job properly

As for Abi Wilkinson, she remains terrifyingly thick, she really does.

Bring. It. On.

The more dead, the better. Let only the strong of will and the pure of spirit prevail. We have God and Right with us, b, and, even if we fall on the Field of Glory, our names shall live forever in the hearts of believers everywhere and our example shall give courage to those who continue the struggle.

For God! For England! For decent Claret!
    Hmmm. It does sound a bit stabby, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    As I understand it, Trump actually has a reasonable record when it comes to benders. Of all the attention-seeking oppressed minority groups I thought this was the one where he had the least trouble.

The article is really about the horrific possibility that some gay people might be right wing, or at least conservative. If I could just put my PC hat on for a moment, I am genuinely horrified that someone would even suggest to somebody that they should vote, feel or act a certain way purely on the basis of their sexuality. That being gay means one simply CANNOT vote conservative, or republican, or UKIP.

What else do you have? Do poofs have to be remainers? Are they pro-life, anti-gun? Must they favour Scottish independence?

THese people sicken me. Leave the bummers alone. They are free to vote how they wish, just like the rest of us normal folk.
    I'm not sure. Can there be such a thing as a pro-establishment pressure, or protest, group?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Perhaps you could be placed in some sort of camp to keep you from spreading your foul sedition, p.

I'm afraid we're definitely going to have to castrate you, though. We can't have your sort reproducing
    loooooooooooooooool.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Do you of the psychotic, swivel eyed right not have a grudging respect for them

I think it's important to remember that The Guardian is staffed by members of the lunatic fringe, writing articles for fellow lunatics.
    though c? Are they not simply the other side of your coin so to speak?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    though c? Are they not simply the other side of your coin so to speak?
    No. They are dangerous maniacs who wish nothing less than the destruction of every shred of decency left in this God-forsaken world.

If you can't see that, you are a part of the problem.

Perhaps you could be placed in some sort of camp to keep you from spreading your foul sedition, p.

I'm afraid we're definitely going to have to castrate you, though. We can't have your sort reproducing
    To be frank c, I can forgive him his most absurd krypto-marxist perversions but what he should be neutered for is his habit of crow-barring the word narrative into his posts. This revolting affectation has spread like a cancer through the pretentious chatterati of the left and must be ruthlessly eradicated ( I'll bet he uptalks too ).

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    To be frank c, I can forgive him his most absurd krypto-marxist perversions but what he should be neutered for is his habit of crow-barring the word narrative into his posts. This revolting affectation has spread like a cancer through the pretentious chatterati of the left and must be ruthlessly eradicated ( I'll bet he uptalks too ).
    He is ****ing here, you know. You bunch of ****s.

And I shall use whatever words I ****ing like thank you very much, Mr ****ing Language Police.

Uptalks.....this is just ****s language for rising intonation and if you ever accuse me of such a thing I shall seek damages, and NOT through the courts.

You have been warned?

Of course I see it you goose stepping dutch oaf. I merely alluded to the fact even Stalin and the little corporal, though they may have been mortal enemies, must have seen a great deal of t'other in themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    I'm not sure. Can there be such a thing as a pro-establishment pressure, or protest, group?
    I neither know nor care. I think my point is that surely we are supposed to reach a stage where one's sexuality means precisely that and nothing more. where being gay is precisely as significant in one's thought processes and beliefs as being straight.

In other words, a personal sexual preference rather than a set of beliefs that puts one automatically, and without freedom of choice, into a lobby/pressure group/political party/football team.

Would they quite so readily criticise black people or asians for voting conservative?

Leave the benders alone.