Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Now I know I'm slightly obsessed by The Guardian, but in this piece, the author

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What we need is a civil war. We need to cut the cancer of leftism out from within us. It may be painful, but tumours like Corbyn and polyps like peter must be excised if the body is to survive in a form fit for humanity. (Sorry peter )
    "We don't need your civil war" apparently. Axl Rose said so

What we need is a civil war. We need to cut the cancer of leftism out from within us. It may be painful, but tumours like Corbyn and polyps like peter must be excised if the body is to survive in a form fit for humanity. (Sorry peter )
    if what you do to survive kills the things you love.......

Never been more true You couldn't kill me and you know it. I am too lovely

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    We need a civil war to stiffen our sinews and weed out the weak and the treacherous within us, so that, strengthened by the tempering flames of vicious inter-familial conflict, we may turn our attention to the real threat to world peace. The expansionist policies of Fuhrerin Merkel.

Indeed, it feeds the rich while it buries the poor.

Ah, I see why Sir C is in favour.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    if what you do to survive kills the things you love.......

Never been more true You couldn't kill me and you know it. I am too lovely
    Perhaps you could be placed in some sort of camp to keep you from spreading your foul sedition, p.

I'm afraid we're definitely going to have to castrate you, though. We can't have your sort reproducing

There is a great difference but you chose not to see it.
    And what were you saying about the permanently outraged the other day? Pot and kettle springs to mind
    I'm not outraged, just increasingly astonished by the way in which the left seems to have abandoned all critical faculties and judgement because someone they don't like has been elected President of the USA.

I'm sorry, but if you can honestly look at that sentence and not see anything wrong with it in terms of taste, verity or basic journalistic standards, I can only conclude that you, too, are afflicted with this condition.

I reckon most lefties would consider p a closet tory, tbf

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I reckon most lefties would consider p a closet tory, tbf
    That's the danger, though. Allow his namby-pamby reasonableness to go unchecked, and within 2 or 3 generations you've got yourself another swathe of Owen Jones / Abi Wilkinsons fúcking everything up

We need a civil war to stiffen our sinews and weed out the weak and the treacherous within us, so that, strengthened by the tempering flames of vicious inter-familial conflict, we may turn our attention to the real threat to world peace. The expansionist policies of Fuhrerin Merkel.

I've been reading a lot about the Wars of the Roses lately. Lord, but that was a mess. Did you know Towton is still the bloodiest battle ever fought on British soil? Possibly as many as 28,000 dead. And the whole thing dragged on for 30 years, slaughtering most of the English nobility along the way. Such was the slaughter that by the end, Henry Tudor (whose claim would normally have been absurdly weak) ended up king simply by virtue of being the last man left standing with any claim at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I've been reading a lot about the Wars of the Roses lately. Lord, but that was a mess. Did you know Towton is still the bloodiest battle ever fought on British soil? Possibly as many as 28,000 dead. And the whole thing dragged on for 30 years, slaughtering most of the English nobility along the way. Such was the slaughter that by the end, Henry Tudor (whose claim would normally have been absurdly weak) ended up king simply by virtue of being the last man left standing with any claim at all.
    Bring. It. On.

The more dead, the better. Let only the strong of will and the pure of spirit prevail. We have God and Right with us, b, and, even if we fall on the Field of Glory, our names shall live forever in the hearts of believers everywhere and our example shall give courage to those who continue the struggle.

For God! For England! For decent Claret!