Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 days of undulterated bliss in the United Arab Emirates

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I dont think the law is necessarily applied to those carrying a british passport. At least that is my usual assumption on such matters.
    It's now being very, very strictly applied. 20,000 baht fine and a day in the police station.

Control the controllables, b.

You cant stop people ****ing kids but you can stop the *******s having a good vape afterwards.
    So 'rapists yes, vapists no'?

An odd set of priorities imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hmm, if I were a sex tourist type looking for youthful victims I would be inclined to head for Cambodia or Laos in preference to Thailand, which is working quite hard at becoming civilised. A farang can still bribe his way out of a traffic violation easily enough, but drugs or kids are very much off limits nowadays.

The cigarette distributors are owned by influential Thai families, so there's no way they're going to allow a competitor into their market.
    I thought it was all vietnam these days. Or is it getting a bit pricey there now?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Hmm, if I were a sex tourist type looking for youthful victims I would be inclined to head for Cambodia or Laos in preference to Thailand, which is working quite hard at becoming civilised. A farang can still bribe his way out of a traffic violation easily enough, but drugs or kids are very much off limits nowadays.

The cigarette distributors are owned by influential Thai families, so there's no way they're going to allow a competitor into their market.
    Well it's...erm...good to know you've looked into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So 'rapists yes, vapists no'?

An odd set of priorities imo.
    Yes. India went to great lengths to ban smoking in all public places. So there are still people starving to death in the streets but at least now they wont suffer from secondary smoke.

I thought it was all vietnam these days. Or is it getting a bit pricey there now?
    Can everyone PLEASE stop having sex with children, ffs?!

I really can't emphasise this point strongly enough.

I'm not an expert in these matters, you understand, but my guess would be that bribing a Cambodian policeman would be considerably easier than bribing a Vietnamese equivalent. And having bribed Cambodian policemen, I can assure you that it is a simple matter. (I was driving across Cambodia, which is illegal for foireigners. Not fúcking kids.)

Yes. India went to great lengths to ban smoking in all public places. So there are still people starving to death in the streets but at least now they wont suffer from secondary smoke.
    :sigh: Well, I suppose if it weren't like that, it wouldn't be the thir...sorry... 'developing' world, would it? That would leave nothing for westerners to gawp at at all.

And that would never do, would it?

Travel broadens the mind, b, but only if one is willing to engage with local customs

I dont think many people are, to be honest. Unless you count girls under the UK age of consent- I think a fair bit of that goes on.

I can honestly say I have never seen anything of this sort.