Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 days of undulterated bliss in the United Arab Emirates

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    This is an attempt to win the Rhetorical Question of the Year Award, right?

It was between 35C and 39C every day we were there with clear blue skies every day. Mind you, I tend to sweat less when swimming in a lovely pool or the Gulf of Oman and gulping down dozens of pints and G&Ts every day.
    D'you know they always give me the same room at the MO, just because I mentioned once, perhaps 12 years ago, that I liked it. 617, a few doors down from the John Le Carré suite. They never forget.

God knows what I'll do if the day should come when I can afford to stay in the John Le Carré suite. Break someone's heart, no doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    It's the way of modern AWIMB sw, insults galore and hardly a nice word to day about anyone or anything

nice to see you sober at lunchtime
    Indeed, however attacking a fellow Arsenal brother over where he chooses to holiday is extreme.

They both go to different places, pay large sums of money and presumably get huge enjoyment. This should be a cause for happiness not friction.

Yes, he likes to be the adventurous tourist who experiences all that life has to offer no matter how dangerous.

Like in the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok.
    Nothing wrong with a Mandarin Oriental.

Glad you enjoyed a well-deserved holiday. Welcome back.

You missed Ramsey scoring at everton. He was ****e.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Indeed, however attacking a fellow Arsenal brother over where he chooses to holiday is extreme.

They both go to different places, pay large sums of money and presumably get huge enjoyment. This should be a cause for happiness not friction.
    And it gave us 8 days without WES... so a win win situation all round
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    D'you know they always give me the same room at the MO, just because I mentioned once, perhaps 12 years ago, that I liked it. 617, a few doors down from the John Le Carré suite. They never forget.

God knows what I'll do if the day should come when I can afford to stay in the John Le Carré suite. Break someone's heart, no doubt.
    The Shangri-La always, and I mean ALWAYS, upgrade me to a premium smoking suite. They also leave complimentary fags by the bed.

This is why I never stay anywhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Nothing wrong with a Mandarin Oriental.

Glad you enjoyed a well-deserved holiday. Welcome back.

You missed Ramsey scoring at everton. He was ****e.
    Yes, I did. You know the game was on the telly in the cocktail bar at the hotel I was at but I couldn't be bothered going to watch. A pool, my family, friends and cold drinks were far more appealing than Arsenal.

Besides, I don't really have any interest in Ramsey being sh1t anymore. I did for some time when I routinely watched him being sh1t while others kept telling me he wasn't. I found it baffling and the paradigm interested me.

But the Liverpool game and the criticism from the MOTD commentators put all that to rest. It revealed everything you need to know about him as a player and anyone who continues to defend him after that simply needs a new hobby.

The Shangri-La always, and I mean ALWAYS, upgrade me to a premium smoking suite. They also leave complimentary fags by the bed.

Apparently vaping is illegal in Thailand, so I'm going to have to go back on the fags in January.

I expect they know by now the extra space afforded by a suite allows you to bring more prostitutes to the room, some of whom will be siblings of the hotel staff so they are really looking after themselves.

Yes, I did. You know the game was on the telly in the cocktail bar at the hotel I was at but I couldn't be bothered going to watch. A pool, my family, friends and cold drinks were far more appealing than Arsenal.

Besides, I don't really have any interest in Ramsey being sh1t anymore. I did for some time when I routinely watched him being sh1t while others kept telling me he wasn't. I found it baffling and the paradigm interested me.

But the Liverpool game and the criticism from the MOTD commentators put all that to rest. It revealed everything you need to know about him as a player and anyone who continues to defend him after that simply needs a new hobby.
    Now I hate watching Arsenal (and Ramsey in particular) but if doing so got me out of spending time with family, friends and a swimming pool I would be all over it....

Ah, I see. On rereading you weren't taking a shot at me. That fact somewhat confused me.

My apologies.
    Don't get used to it.