Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 8 days of undulterated bliss in the United Arab Emirates

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Anyone who holidays in Dubai is in no position to feel snobbish about anything, though

It is a vulgar, ugly, ghastly place for vulgar, ugly, ghastly people
    That would be a relevant point if I had actually holidayed in Dubai.

But I didn't.

Anyone who holidays in Dubai is in no position to feel snobbish about anything, though

It is a vulgar, ugly, ghastly place for vulgar, ugly, ghastly people
    Dubai is alright if you don't mind remortgaging to pay for a round of drinks.

At least you don't get the usual suspects of pissed up Brits (or Germans or Russians) causing trouble of an evening.

Plus, there seems to be ****ing fantastic Lebanese restaurants everywhere.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

But I didn't.
    You didn't venture 500 metres to Abu Dhabi, did you? You absolute explorer, you!

Quote Originally Posted by Viva Prat Vegas View Post
    Wesley did you sweat over there ?
    This is an attempt to win the Rhetorical Question of the Year Award, right?

It was between 35C and 39C every day we were there with clear blue skies every day. Mind you, I tend to sweat less when swimming in a lovely pool or the Gulf of Oman and gulping down dozens of pints and G&Ts every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Did he sweat?

I've stood in a boozer ankle-deep in his sweat when it was 5 degrees outside. The man sweats like a sex tourist lying by a Dubai swimming pool.
    Can you not simply be nice?

Accept that others like different things and move on. Wes likes the UAE and the associated trappings of luxury, you head off to wherever suits your taste, Far East or African safari.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post

Accept that others like different things and move on. Wes likes the UAE and the associated trappings of luxury, you head off to wherever suits your taste, Far East or African safari.
    Yes, he likes to be the adventurous tourist who experiences all that life has to offer no matter how dangerous.

Like in the Mandarin Oriental in Bangkok.

1. When were you last nice?
    2. He raised the subject and called me out over it. I don't give a fúck where he goes to support fascist regimes and the exploitation of third world slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post

But I didn't.
    You mentioned someone talking about people in Dubai being snobbish about it, you poltroon!

You mentioned someone talking about people in Dubai being snobbish about it, you poltroon!
    Ah, I see. On rereading you weren't taking a shot at me. That fact somewhat confused me.

My apologies.

It's the way of modern AWIMB sw, insults galore and hardly a nice word to day about anyone or anything

nice to see you sober at lunchtime
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar