Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Sir C you big Irish jackanapes. The Great Expectations filum you were lauding

Sir C you big Irish jackanapes. The Great Expectations filum you were lauding

yesterday was made in 1946 man! Nobody could act back then, especially Englishmen.

They all simply jabbered as quickly as they could as if fearful of using up too much expensive film, and sounded like Cholmondley-Warner (as, I suspect, do you and that other frightful little toff Berni).

I imagined David Lean to be some young turk of film I had yet to hear of.

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    yesterday was made in 1946 man! Nobody could act back then, especially Englishmen.

They all simply jabbered as quickly as they could as if fearful of using up too much expensive film, and sounded like Cholmondley-Warner (as, I suspect, do you and that other frightful little toff Berni).

I imagined David Lean to be some young turk of film I had yet to hear of.
    David Lean is quite famous, h. He directed some other stuff.

I like the film very much, but of course there is no guarantee that it would be to your taste. It's an entirely subjective matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    .. He directed some other stuff...
    looooooooooooooooooooooool
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    David Lean is quite famous, h. He directed some other stuff.

I like the film very much, but of course there is no guarantee that it would be to your taste. It's an entirely subjective matter.
    Who hasn’t seen Lawrence of Arabia or The Bridge on the River Kwai, ffs?