Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I like this young Eddie, Never heard of him and makes a good impression. Whereas

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Perhaps, you had to be there. A wonderful night for the young fella.

Never mind the tournament. Here was a great moment. The whole point of football is basically the moment your team scores a goal. Especially when you know your team is unlikely to win any of the two prestigious tournaments before the stars fall from the sky.

I was busy telling myself how I absolutely didn't give a flying fùck about going out of this cup to a team that were bigger, faster, stronger, better organised and for the most part more technically accomplished than the rabble wearing Arsenal shirts, who are getting paid ten times as much or whatever as the Norwich boys.

We had another corner. "I'm not sure what the point is for us of these corners" I said. "Their blokes are twice the height of ours and win everything." Then Arsene chucked another kid on to give him a run out with a few minutes left, like in Belgrade. He went up and scored with his first touch on his home debut. A wonderful moment.

Extra time. Another corner. The little lad leaped like the proberbial salmon above all these giant blokes and headed home the winner. A joyous moment for anyone there supporting Arsenal whose heart is not made of stone.
    Well said, a. Well said*. :hug:

*I mean, obviously, I wouldn't have gone there myself in a blue fit, but your encomium is worthy of note.
    Last edited by Burney; 10-25-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Perhaps, you had to be there. A wonderful night for the young fella.

Never mind the tournament. Here was a great moment. The whole point of football is basically the moment your team scores a goal. Especially when you know your team is unlikely to win any of the two prestigious tournaments before the stars fall from the sky.

I was busy telling myself how I absolutely didn't give a flying fùck about going out of this cup to a team that were bigger, faster, stronger, better organised and for the most part more technically accomplished than the rabble wearing Arsenal shirts, who are getting paid ten times as much or whatever as the Norwich boys.

We had another corner. "I'm not sure what the point is for us of these corners" I said. "Their blokes are twice the height of ours and win everything." Then Arsene chucked another kid on to give him a run out with a few minutes left, like in Belgrade. He went up and scored with his first touch on his home debut. A wonderful moment.

Extra time. Another corner. The little lad leaped like the proberbial salmon above all these giant blokes and headed home the winner. A joyous moment for anyone there supporting Arsenal whose heart is not made of stone.
    Key issue here A.

My phone buzzed, this lad's name came up. My kid asked me who he was and I simply replied that I did not know.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Key issue here A.

My phone buzzed, this lad's name came up. My kid asked me who he was and I simply replied that I did not know.
    George Graham or Alan Smith would've been proud of that header. We will not forget the lad's name in a hurry.

Whatever it is
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    George Graham or Alan Smith would've been proud of that header. We will not forget the lad's name in a hurry.

Whatever it is
    In-Ketch-A.

Today FM news this morning. AW suggests big things for him. Two loan periods maybe.

In-Ketch-A.

Today FM news this morning. AW suggests big things for him. Two loan periods maybe.
    I didn't know you could speak African?

And well done AW #banter
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

Whatever it is
    he'll only ever be known as Eddie as his surname is too complicated.
    Then again I still don't know how to say the name of the new muscly hardman fella.
    I will call him kolosnatch.

Key issue here A.

Should have hedged your bets and said 'The young black lad - you know?'

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    he'll only ever be known as Eddie as his surname is too complicated.
    Then again I still don't know how to say the name of the new muscly hardman fella.
    I will call him kolosnatch.
    My father calls him 'Klasternak'.

Still, I could never convince my father it wasn't 'Martin McKeown', 'Stevie Boold' and 'Nigel Winterborn'.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    My father calls him 'Klasternak'.

Still, I could never convince my father it wasn't 'Martin McKeown', 'Stevie Boold' and 'Nigel Winterborn'.
    everytime Kanu came on a certain family member would ask 'why are the booing him '
    THEY ARE NOT BOOING HIM