Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I like this young Eddie, Never heard of him and makes a good impression. Whereas

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Too good for the yoots, too good for the first team. Too good for this world, b
    I remember us sitting together at Highbury watching this absurdly-becoiffed 16 year-old play alongside Vieira et al. So much promise.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Cesc was never really a yoot, though, was he? He barely spent any time with the yoot before graduating to the first team.
    That Rotherham game was a long night. first shootout at Highbury.
    I don't recall too many shootouts where it goes through the full team for a 2nd round.
    Wiltord misses the first one and scores the winner

I miss Highbury

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I remember us sitting together at Highbury watching this absurdly-becoiffed 16 year-old play alongside Vieira et al. So much promise.
    We were all young, then. Young and spunky, full of optimism and eager to seize the myriad opportunities on offer.

Now look at us. Dessicated, worn out husks. Wearied, broken shadows, awaiting the blessed release of death.

Hi All,

A most pleasurable night.

My feeling is that Eddie will be on the plane to Russia at the end of the season.

Him and Harry should form a prolific partnership for years to come.

He didn't really get an opportunity last night ie 5 minutes is not an opportunity but he took what he was given and made a name for himself.

For me he's moved ahead of Olivier and Theo in the forward line so the next step is to groom him to take over from Alexis.

-

As for the other lads you have to understand and respect that they are playing completely out of position.

Maitland is a swashbuckling right footed combative central midfield warrior. he is not a a left wing back but he is one of Arsene's most trusted pupils so with lack of cover in that department he step forth.

Fair play to the lad but I really hope we get to see him in central midfield. You will be astonished as to how good he is.

I would say as a central midfielder he's currently light years ahead of Alex Oxlade Chamberlain if he ever played there.

--

Reiss Nelson is in a similar boat. He's an old fashioned right winger in a 4-4-2 so the wing back slot demands a lot more defending which he's having to learn on the fly.

-

I was most proud of Josh Da Silva. A absolute tank for his age. He's going to learn plenty working with Nacho and Kolasinac over the next year or so.

-

Matt is the new Joe Hart so he too should come on nicely over the next couple of years.

Kind Regards

Your Best Mate

Mickey Pearce

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    the other wonderkids who I've heard about lately don't ever live up to the hype imo.

I thought this Nelson fella was supposed to be the *******s and numerous other younsters mo always harps on about.

I've found a programme* from 2011 against Manchester City in my office.

(* you get them free in club level, before someone starts ****ing me off)

Youth Section Players...

Elton Monteiro
    Isaac Hayden
    Nigel Neita
    Jeffrey Monakana
    Zak Ansah
    Jordan Wynter
    Samir Bihmoutine
    Anthony Jeffrey
    Ben Glasgow
    Reice Charles-Cook
    Zachari Fagan
    Philip Roberts
    Alban Bunjaku
    James Campbell
    Jon Toral
    Kristoffer Olsson
    Sean McDermott
    Hector Bellerin
    Serge Gnabry
    Callum Webb
    Chuba Akpom
    Jack Jebb
    Josh Rees
    Kyle Ebecilio

We converted a lot of them, eh?

Hector, of course. Chuba, nearly.

Serge is doing ok in Germany, I think

Isaac Hayden at Newcastle?
    Jon Toral at Hull?

The others may have disappeared up their own arse, Hleb style.

We got beat 0-1 that night, IIRC
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    I've found a programme* from 2011 against Manchester City in my office.

(* you get them free in club level, before someone starts ****ing me off)

Youth Section Players...

Elton Monteiro
    Isaac Hayden
    Nigel Neita
    Jeffrey Monakana
    Zak Ansah
    Jordan Wynter
    Samir Bihmoutine
    Anthony Jeffrey
    Ben Glasgow
    Reice Charles-Cook
    Zachari Fagan
    Philip Roberts
    Alban Bunjaku
    James Campbell
    Jon Toral
    Kristoffer Olsson
    Sean McDermott
    Hector Bellerin
    Serge Gnabry
    Callum Webb
    Chuba Akpom
    Jack Jebb
    Josh Rees
    Kyle Ebecilio

We converted a lot of them, eh?

Hector, of course. Chuba, nearly.

Serge is doing ok in Germany, I think

Isaac Hayden at Newcastle?
    Jon Toral at Hull?

The others may have disappeared up their own arse, Hleb style.

We got beat 0-1 that night, IIRC
    Wasn't Akpomp playing last night? Impressive that he's still in the youths 6 years later imo.

Reice Charles Cook was good lad.

His family were absolutely lovely people too.

He had high hopes to be England's 1st Black Goalkeeper but he had too much in front of him at the time to decided to move on.

He joined Coventry and earned the nickname - Black Magic for his brilliant displays in goal.

He's currently at Swindon.

I'll pass on your regards.

kind regards

Your best mate

Mickey Pearce

PS Serge Gnarbry - what a waste. He unfortunately has very bad weight issues and an addiction to fat burning tablets so we cut him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Vegas View Post
    the other wonderkids who I've heard about lately don't ever live up to the hype imo.

I thought this Nelson fella was supposed to be the *******s and numerous other younsters mo always harps on about.
    I couldn't give two fúcks about these kids until such a point that they become first team players in the real competitions at which point I can slowly grow to dislike them or in certain cases absolutely fúcking hate them.

No more heroes.

#modern football is shít

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I couldn't give two fúcks about these kids until such a point that they become first team players in the real competitions at which point I can slowly grow to dislike them or in certain cases absolutely fúcking hate them.

No more heroes.

#modern football is shít
    Perhaps, you had to be there. A wonderful night for the young fella.

Never mind the tournament. Here was a great moment. The whole point of football is basically the moment your team scores a goal. Especially when you know your team is unlikely to win any of the two prestigious tournaments before the stars fall from the sky.

I was busy telling myself how I absolutely didn't give a flying fùck about going out of this cup to a team that were bigger, faster, stronger, better organised and for the most part more technically accomplished than the rabble wearing Arsenal shirts, who are getting paid ten times as much or whatever as the Norwich boys.

We had another corner. "I'm not sure what the point is for us of these corners" I said. "Their blokes are twice the height of ours and win everything." Then Arsene chucked another kid on to give him a run out with a few minutes left, like in Belgrade. He went up and scored with his first touch on his home debut. A wonderful moment.

Extra time. Another corner. The little lad leaped like the proberbial salmon above all these giant blokes and headed home the winner. A joyous moment for anyone there supporting Arsenal whose heart is not made of stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Perhaps, you had to be there. A wonderful night for the young fella.

Never mind the tournament. Here was a great moment. The whole point of football is basically the moment your team scores a goal. Especially when you know your team is unlikely to win any of the two prestigious tournaments before the stars fall from the sky.

I was busy telling myself how I absolutely didn't give a flying fùck about going out of this cup to a team that were bigger, faster, stronger, better organised and for the most part more technically accomplished than the rabble wearing Arsenal shirts, who are getting paid ten times as much or whatever as the Norwich boys.

We had another corner. "I'm not sure what the point is for us of these corners" I said. "Their blokes are twice the height of ours and win everything." Then Arsene chucked another kid on to give him a run out with a few minutes left, like in Belgrade. He went up and scored with his first touch on his home debut. A wonderful moment.

Extra time. Another corner. The little lad leaped like the proberbial salmon above all these giant blokes and headed home the winner. A joyous moment for anyone there supporting Arsenal whose heart is not made of stone.
    That's all rather nicely put.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."