Hi All,

A most pleasurable night.

My feeling is that Eddie will be on the plane to Russia at the end of the season.

Him and Harry should form a prolific partnership for years to come.

He didn't really get an opportunity last night ie 5 minutes is not an opportunity but he took what he was given and made a name for himself.

For me he's moved ahead of Olivier and Theo in the forward line so the next step is to groom him to take over from Alexis.

-

As for the other lads you have to understand and respect that they are playing completely out of position.

Maitland is a swashbuckling right footed combative central midfield warrior. he is not a a left wing back but he is one of Arsene's most trusted pupils so with lack of cover in that department he step forth.

Fair play to the lad but I really hope we get to see him in central midfield. You will be astonished as to how good he is.

I would say as a central midfielder he's currently light years ahead of Alex Oxlade Chamberlain if he ever played there.

--

Reiss Nelson is in a similar boat. He's an old fashioned right winger in a 4-4-2 so the wing back slot demands a lot more defending which he's having to learn on the fly.

-

I was most proud of Josh Da Silva. A absolute tank for his age. He's going to learn plenty working with Nacho and Kolasinac over the next year or so.

-

Matt is the new Joe Hart so he too should come on nicely over the next couple of years.

Kind Regards

Your Best Mate

Mickey Pearce