Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: English football journalists :hehe:

English football journalists :hehe:

"They began positively, with Reiss Nelson, the audacious 17-year-old wing back who caught the eye against Red Star, playing two passes with the outside of his boot within the first ten minutes."

He played passes with *gulp* the outside of his boot! Oh, the audaciousness of it! Next you'll be telling me the passes were aimed at one of his teammates, not just lumped into the mixer.

Dear God, what a culture they perpetuate.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    "They began positively, with Reiss Nelson, the audacious 17-year-old wing back who caught the eye against Red Star, playing two passes with the outside of his boot within the first ten minutes."

He played passes with *gulp* the outside of his boot! Oh, the audaciousness of it! Next you'll be telling me the passes were aimed at one of his teammates, not just lumped into the mixer.

Dear God, what a culture they perpetuate.
    So it seems young Eddie Spaghetti is the latest new Pele or whatnot.

How long before we hear the cries of 'Get out while you can, Eddie!'?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    So it seems young Eddie Spaghetti is the latest new Pele or whatnot.

How long before we hear the cries of 'Get out while you can, Eddie!'?
    Very pleasing for the young fellow. Either we'll never hear of him again or he'll score 200 goals for The Arsenal.

Very pleasing for the young fellow. Either we'll never hear of him again or he'll score 200 goals for The Arsenal.
    The former is always the safer bet, isn't it?

Arturo Lupoli, Antony Stokes anyone?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

The former is always the safer bet, isn't it?
    By far the likeliest scenario. We can hope for him, though.

I see the Boy Owen considers O'Mara can be forgiven after a period of re-education; presumably in a camp somewhere out east?

These views are now going unchallenged, you know. Stalinism has become mainstream.

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Arturo Lupoli, Antony Stokes anyone?
    Just put one out, thanks.

I see the Boy Owen considers O'Mara can be forgiven after a period of re-education; presumably in a camp somewhere out east?

These views are now going unchallenged, you know. Stalinism has become mainstream.
    The hypocrisy no longer even catches the eye anymore, such is its ubiquity.

I liked the excuse that he shouldn't be judged by the same standards as a tory because...errr...he's not a tory and therefore deserves more leeway.

I see Arsene isn't ruling him out of some game time against Swansea at the weekend

Way to build the young chap's hopes up before telling him that he is, in fact, on the bench for the u21s.

The hypocrisy no longer even catches the eye anymore, such is its ubiquity.

I liked the excuse that he shouldn't be judged by the same standards as a tory because...errr...he's not a tory and therefore deserves more leeway.
    That's the thing, isn't it; does it even count as hypocrisy if everyone is doing it?
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."