Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does my heart sink awimbers, whenever I see the names El Neny & Coquelin

Why does my heart sink awimbers, whenever I see the names El Neny & Coquelin

in an Arsenal starting 11.
    Win or lose, these players symbolise all that is wrong with Wenger.
    Utterly meaningless figures in the quest to improve both squad, and any ambition towards challenging for the title.

Why, I ask.. Just... Why ?

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    in an Arsenal starting 11.
    Win or lose, these players symbolise all that is wrong with Wenger.
    Utterly meaningless figures in the quest to improve both squad, and any ambition towards challenging for the title.

Why, I ask.. Just... Why ?
    Good goal, to be fair. That's my signature finish on FIFA.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Good goal, to be fair. That's my signature finish on FIFA.
    and there you have it R.. If not to bolster the second string and prove some kind of worth in these 'also ran' fixtures.
    To what purpose indeed, one might ask.
    I get the likes of Iwobi, Maitland Niles and other aspiring players. The likes of Jack, even. Throwing the dice for perhaps one last crack at a regular start.. But... El Neny and Le Coq. Just a total waste of everyone's time..

But... El Neny and Le Coq. Just a total waste of everyone's time..
    They won't think so.

Almunia and Denilson didn't . . .

A 'keeper as bad as Almunia played for The Arsenal
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

El Neny and Le Coq. Just a total waste of everyone's time..
    Squad players for a squad tournament.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Squad players for a squad tournament.
    Quite. It would be a bit odd if our second string midfielders were great, particularly as the first choice ones are so ****ing useless.

As if the players that never play are the problem

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Quite. It would be a bit odd if our second string midfielders were great, particularly as the first choice ones are so ****ing useless.

As if the players that never play are the problem
    I also think El Neny is serviceable. That said, he's slow. The Norwich player who scored blew by him like he was a field of wheat.

But I like El Neny. He's also got crazy eyes, kind of scary, fanatical, in short Muslim.

and there you have it R.. If not to bolster the second string and prove some kind of worth in these 'also ran' fixtures.
    To what purpose indeed, one might ask.
    I get the likes of Iwobi, Maitland Niles and other aspiring players. The likes of Jack, even. Throwing the dice for perhaps one last crack at a regular start.. But... El Neny and Le Coq. Just a total waste of everyone's time..
    There was a time when Coq was the saviour, I seem to recall. I can't remember exactly what disaster had befallen us on this occasion (probably a ridiculous injury crisis), but we called Coq back from Charlton (where he couldn't get into the team) and he came back to save us.

For this reason alone, he is worth another contract on £30k a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    There was a time when Coq was the saviour, I seem to recall. I can't remember exactly what disaster had befallen us on this occasion (probably a ridiculous injury crisis), but we called Coq back from Charlton (where he couldn't get into the team) and he came back to save us.

For this reason alone, he is worth another contract on £30k a week.
    Coquelin was never the saviour, ever.

He was in fact a cut price solution, a footballing sticking plaster, the type one finds at the back of the drawer when one has a blister, new trainers perhaps. You put it on thinking you will get away with it and off you bowl down the street.

Ultimately, and soon enough, the pain returns and you realise the plaster was in fact shíte.

In summary, he is a very average footballer, mid to lower PL standard, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Coquelin was never the saviour, ever.

He was in fact a cut price solution, a footballing sticking plaster, the type one finds at the back of the drawer when one has a blister, new trainers perhaps. You put it on thinking you will get away with it and off you bowl down the street.

Ultimately, and soon enough, the pain returns and you realise the plaster was in fact shíte.

In summary, he is a very average footballer, mid to lower PL standard, at best.
    But he did a job, SW. To piggyback on your analogy, he stemmed the bleed.

So if we pay him lower PL wages and he's happy with appearances in the League Cup and UEFA Cup then great. Seems well liked in the squad so good to have around for team morale, if nothing else.