Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fûckssake! BTSport are using a woman to head up their commentary team for The Ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    But they could argue that having played the game and still being rubbish commentators means that you can't discount someone just because they haven't played the game at a certain level or their gender...

basically you are a sexist pig and deserve flogging
    Oh, it's nothing to do with having played the game, it's understanding why the game is played at all that women can't do.

Many times I've bemoaned the fact that Sir Ian Botham, while a glorious cricketer, appears to have learned absolutely nothing about the game he played for 30-odd years.

He still understands it better than a bird can, though. FACT.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Oh, it's nothing to do with having played the game, it's understanding why the game is played at all that women can't do.

Many times I've bemoaned the fact that Sir Ian Botham, while a glorious cricketer, appears to have learned absolutely nothing about the game he played for 30-odd years.

He still understands it better than a bird can, though. FACT.
    But he does understand it, b. He just cant talk about it.

One can line up all sorts of decent chaps who can talk a great test match but none of them ever took 383 test wickets for England. One doesnt achieve that by not understanding the game.

This is why women cant be pundits in the real sense. They have never played the men's game, never played under the kind of pressure that the men's game attracts. They dont understand it. They are no more 'expert' than I am.

I want to hear from someone who knows how it feels to score a hundred for England. The rest can go to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    But he does understand it, b. He just cant talk about it.

One can line up all sorts of decent chaps who can talk a great test match but none of them ever took 383 test wickets for England. One doesnt achieve that by not understanding the game.

This is why women cant be pundits in the real sense. They have never played the men's game, never played under the kind of pressure that the men's game attracts. They dont understand it. They are no more 'expert' than I am.

I want to hear from someone who knows how it feels to score a hundred for England. The rest can go to hell.
    Nah. If he understood it, he'd have been a better captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Trent View Post
    We might be forced to escape to Wales, like Janet and Betty

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GcMd1F1acSo
    I loved that