Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fûckssake! BTSport are using a woman to head up their commentary team for The Ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He ended up better than the chap who played Dodger on film, then.
    What happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Harvey Weinsteins favourite songs imo
    I shouldn't wonder, P. I shouldn't wonder at all. Bright, cheerful stuff.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh I quite agree. I heard a woman commentating on a football match once. It was excruciating.

I must, however, point a little something out to you wholly in a spirit, you understand, of fraternal love. If I ever see or hear you use the phrase 'it speaks to' again, I will pay to have you assassinated in the most painful way available.

I am shocked and saddened by what I have seen here.
    I think in this instance and context that usage is acceptable, actually.

You see, no woman would ever unbidden have picked up a rock and a stick and wondered how far they could hit one with the other. Neither would it occur to them to kick a static object into a given space. It's not in their nature. Given which, how can they possibly be accepted as authorities on such matters?

What happened to him?
    Died of drink aged 53

03809C680000044D-4020774-image-a-36_1481401465042.jpg

You see, no woman would ever unbidden have picked up a rock and a stick and wondered how far they could hit one with the other. Neither would it occur to them to kick a static object into a given space. It's not in their nature. Given which, how can they possibly be accepted as authorities on such matters?
    I'm going to have to tell v about this, I'm afraid.

I agree up to a point... but in their defence I give you Michael Owen, Robbie Savage and Chris Sutton
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    I agree up to a point... but in their defence I give you Michael Owen, Robbie Savage and Chris Sutton
    The fact that there are incompetent men does not magically render women competent.

But by the look of that picture lived until he was 80 whilst so doing

The fact that there are incompetent men does not magically render women competent.
    But they could argue that having played the game and still being rubbish commentators means that you can't discount someone just because they haven't played the game at a certain level or their gender...

basically you are a sexist pig and deserve flogging
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

But by the look of that picture lived until he was 80 whilst so doing
    Apparently, he was a heavy smoker and alcoholic by the age of 12. Impressive work by anyone's standards, I'd say.