Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fûckssake! BTSport are using a woman to head up their commentary team for The Ashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Basically, yes.
    Is that a genital thing, would you say? Is it to do with chromosomes, perhaps?

Jesus Christ, and we wonder why we're facing a third wave feminist revolution. Some men's brains are anchored firmly in 1917.

Basically, yes.
    I assume the lady will be doing the introductory and continuity pieces, the actual commentary as such being left to the trusted individuals and ex-professionals.

Kind of how the BBC like to pretend Gabby Yorath has a role to play in their football coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Was he one of these chaps sc ?
    They were rather fun, weren't they?

No. He was The Artful Dodger.

I met them back in the day....... I must say i liked their Leo Sayer piss take of I can't stop Dancing
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I used to love them. They seemed terribly irreverent and naughty back in the day. They did one about smurfs and another about Prince Andrew getting 'crumpet'. Very racy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Is that a genital thing, would you say? Is it to do with chromosomes, perhaps?

Jesus Christ, and we wonder why we're facing a third wave feminist revolution. Some men's brains are anchored firmly in 1917.
    Listen, men invented the game, didn't they? It therefore speaks to something peculiar to men. Women may understand the forms and even some of the technicalities (if they're particularly bright fillies), but they will never - NEVER - understand in their souls (if they have such things - I suppose we must presume they do) why it is that the game exists and what makes it truly great.

It's like us and childbirth. We'll never really get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    They were rather fun, weren't they?

No. He was The Artful Dodger.
    He ended up better than the chap who played Dodger on film, then.

I used to love them. They seemed terribly irreverent and naughty back in the day. They did one about smurfs and another about Prince Andrew getting 'crumpet'. Very racy.
    Racey themselves were good fun too. Some Girls Do, Lay Your Love on Me and a' that.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Racey themselves were good fun too. Some Girls Do, Lay Your Love on Me and a' that.
    Harvey Weinsteins favourite songs imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Listen, men invented the game, didn't they? It therefore speaks to something peculiar to men. Women may understand the forms and even some of the technicalities (if they're particularly bright fillies), but they will never - NEVER - understand in their souls (if they have such things - I suppose we must presume they do) why it is that the game exists and what makes it truly great.

It's like us and childbirth. We'll never really get it.
    Oh I quite agree. I heard a woman commentating on a football match once. It was excruciating.

I must, however, point a little something out to you wholly in a spirit, you understand, of fraternal love. If I ever see or hear you use the phrase 'it speaks to' again, I will pay to have you assassinated in the most painful way available.

I am shocked and saddened by what I have seen here.