Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Well I was planning to oppress women, but the bloke out of Rizzle Kicks say it's bad

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That article is total and utter *******s from start to finish. Rambling nonsense. "Most men feel more comfortable killing themselves than acknowledging pain".....where the **** does he get that from? Total and utter ****!

The problem with this sort of **** is that it addresses masculinity from the feminist perspective, where women are oppressed and men are their oppressors. It therefore seeks to adjust masculinity as retribution- not in a constructive sense that realigns traditional gender roles but as a punishment, a reparation for years of oppression. Thus masculinity is realigned to suit feminism, men must be reconstructed in a way that suits women.

Well that is ****ing horse**** and, given the assumption that we are the evil agents of oppression, why would we agree to it?

The cancer at the heart of the last 30 years of feminism has been the narrative that men made the destruction of entrenched gender roles necessary. It ignores the fact that men are just as trapped in their entrenched roles and at no point has feminism acknowledged or tackled this. The inevitable consequence is a society of imbalance, as only one side of the balance is addressed.

If we are toxic it is because feminism poisoned us.
    Men have clearly scored the victory in this though. Albeit a somewhat pyrrhic one.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Your forefathers would probably criticise you for allowing this to happen.

It all started with letting them vote, then letting them work during wars. Road to hell.....
    To be fair, many of my forefathers wouldn’t have had the slightest idea what I was on about, since I was speaking English and wasn’t subsisting on potatoes.