Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Well I was planning to oppress women, but the bloke out of Rizzle Kicks say it's bad

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    He is a singer as such, rapper perhaps more accurate or perhaps Grime or whatever. Sub grime.

They are both Arsenal supporters I think.

They're shíte obviously.
    One of theirs used to come on my iPhone when I was running sometimes. Something about Humps. It was quite good to run to.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Apart from anything else, it contains a redundancy because what the users of the phrase actually mean is that masculinity in its commonly and historically understood sense is - by its very nature - toxic.

It's almost up there with 'mansplaining' in my shítlist of bullshít quasi-feminist terms.

IF YOU'RE WRONG AND I POINT IT OUT, LOVE, THAT'S NOT 'MANSPLAINING', IT'S 'EXPLAINING'! AND IT USUALLY HAS TO BE DONE BECAUSE YOU'RE A BIT THICK. ACCUSING ME OF 'MANSPLAINING' DOESN'T MAKE YOU ANY LESS WRONG OR ANY LESS THICK!

That article is total and utter *******s from start to finish. Rambling nonsense. "Most men feel more comfortable killing themselves than acknowledging pain".....where the **** does he get that from? Total and utter ****!

The problem with this sort of **** is that it addresses masculinity from the feminist perspective, where women are oppressed and men are their oppressors. It therefore seeks to adjust masculinity as retribution- not in a constructive sense that realigns traditional gender roles but as a punishment, a reparation for years of oppression. Thus masculinity is realigned to suit feminism, men must be reconstructed in a way that suits women.

Well that is ****ing horse**** and, given the assumption that we are the evil agents of oppression, why would we agree to it?

The cancer at the heart of the last 30 years of feminism has been the narrative that men made the destruction of entrenched gender roles necessary. It ignores the fact that men are just as trapped in their entrenched roles and at no point has feminism acknowledged or tackled this. The inevitable consequence is a society of imbalance, as only one side of the balance is addressed.

If we are toxic it is because feminism poisoned us.

He is a singer as such, rapper perhaps more accurate or perhaps Grime or whatever. Sub grime.

They are both Arsenal supporters I think.

They're shíte obviously.
    Its beyond that. They are some form of novelty act. A kind of urban/rappy version of the Darkness. Or Bob the Builder.

One of theirs used to come on my iPhone when I was running sometimes. Something about Humps. It was quite good to run to.
    Mama do the hump.

Each to their own B. You know me, as open minded as the next man.

You want to run listening to urban grime who the fúck am I to suggest you’re a wrong ‘un.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    That article is total and utter *******s from start to finish. Rambling nonsense. "Most men feel more comfortable killing themselves than acknowledging pain".....where the **** does he get that from? Total and utter ****!

The problem with this sort of **** is that it addresses masculinity from the feminist perspective, where women are oppressed and men are their oppressors. It therefore seeks to adjust masculinity as retribution- not in a constructive sense that realigns traditional gender roles but as a punishment, a reparation for years of oppression. Thus masculinity is realigned to suit feminism, men must be reconstructed in a way that suits women.

Well that is ****ing horse**** and, given the assumption that we are the evil agents of oppression, why would we agree to it?

The cancer at the heart of the last 30 years of feminism has been the narrative that men made the destruction of entrenched gender roles necessary. It ignores the fact that men are just as trapped in their entrenched roles and at no point has feminism acknowledged or tackled this. The inevitable consequence is a society of imbalance, as only one side of the balance is addressed.

If we are toxic it is because feminism poisoned us.
    Essentially, though, this is the nature of identity politics, isn't it? It must define the 'enemy' as evil in order to sustain itself. Thus, inevitably, the straight, white, anglophone male is absolutely at the bottom of the inverse pyramid that is identity politics and must abase himself and apologise abjectly for his very existence before even being allowed to speak.

Fùck 'em. I like being a straight, white anglophone male. They're all cünts.

Mama do the hump.

Each to their own B. You know me, as open minded as the next man.

You want to run listening to urban grime who the fúck am I to suggest you’re a wrong ‘un.
    I think my daughter had downloaded it on my account, to be fair.

Is it grime? I thought grime was from Croydon. Like me and old Stormy or whatever he's called.

I think my daughter had downloaded it on my account, to be fair.

Is it grime? I thought grime was from Croydon. Like me and old Stormy or whatever he's called.
    Stormzy you will find. Skepta is grime also.

Stormy is what the weather was like last week in Ireland, Ophelia and the magnificently named Brian.

Yes, daughter, of course. Hmmmm!!

Small step from “it was my daughter who done it your honour” to “it was for research your honour”.

#townsend

Essentially, though, this is the nature of identity politics, isn't it? It must define the 'enemy' as evil in order to sustain itself. Thus, inevitably, the straight, white, anglophone male is absolutely at the bottom of the inverse pyramid that is identity politics and must abase himself and apologise abjectly for his very existence before even being allowed to speak.

Fùck 'em. I like being a straight, white anglophone male. They're all cünts.
    Yes. Unfortunately, or perhaps through design, they raised a generation of women who are utterly self-centred and are unable to accept any form of accountability for their actions, preferring to play the victim.

It isn't a brilliant idea to raise people to believe that everything is someone else's fault.

The most irritating thing is that as a straight male you have to actually live with them. The gays dont know how lucky they are.

Stormzy you will find. Skepta is grime also.

Stormy is what the weather was like last week in Ireland, Ophelia and the magnificently named Brian.

Yes, daughter, of course. Hmmmm!!

Small step from “it was my daughter who done it your honour” to “it was for research your honour”.

#townsend
    Interesting side note: For much of last week when people were saying what a shîte name for a storm Brian was and things like 'Whoever heard of a scary Brian?', I was busy referring them to Brian Boru and the Battle of Clontarf.

See? Doing my bit for Anglo-Irish understanding there.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    It isn't a brilliant idea to raise people to believe that everything is someone else's fault.
    it genius tbf.

I shall now live my life by that rule.

I get confused reading the Guardian - which I only ever do from links posted on here.
    They appear to espouse the defence of the muslamics and the feminism stuff; when quite clearly the two are polar opposites.

So, it is ok to repress women if your a muslim bloke. Is that right?
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”