Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: To Cadogan Hall to see Richard Thompson.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    You are kind. I shall drink no more than two glasses of wine.
    Are you driving?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Are you driving?
    No, I shall take the rattler. Public transport in London is so convenient, don't you find?

No, I shall take the rattler. Public transport in London is so convenient, don't you find?
    Not really. It’s a bit smelly.

More convenience than convenient.

I like to think of it as an authentic experience. I am, as it were, keeping it real, like a backpacker taking the local bus from Don Muang to Khao San Road, before eating chocolate and banana pancakes and watching Jean-Claude van Damme movies.

More convenience than convenient.
    Smelly? Trains are bland, relatively clean and practically sterile compared to in the 70's. Back then you had public transport smells with proper character.

Apart from smears from greasy hair on the windows of buses. That never goes out of style.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Smelly? Trains are bland, relatively clean and practically sterile compared to in the 70's. Back then you had public transport smells with proper character.

Apart from smears from greasy hair on the windows of buses. That never goes out of style.
    Ah, a, you know about these things. Am I allowed to use my vaping device on the train?

I find that Southern trains in particular have a lingering stench of BO. Very distressing.

Ah, a, you know about these things. Am I allowed to use my vaping device on the train?
    Strictly speaking, no, but apparently you I’d you hold the vapour in long enough and don’t exhale great clouds of it, nobody cares. This even works on planes, apparently.

I've no idea, I'm afraid. Not being a vapour the issue has not arisen. I'd say check the signage in the carriage for guidance on this matter.

I've no idea, I'm afraid. Not being a vapour the issue has not arisen. I'd say check the signage in the carriage for guidance on this matter.
    Well one is not smoking so can't see the legal issue here.