Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: Confirmed starting XI for Norwich in the League Cup

Confirmed starting XI for Norwich in the League Cup

The morning team meeting was top notch with quite a few of the youngsters very happy.

Matt Macey starts in goal...his best position

Debuchy, Holding and Elneny make up a back 3

Reiss Nelson and Josh DaSilva will be the wing backs.

Mainland Niles, Coquelin and Willock will hold down the midfield with Theo and Giroud up front.

-

Matt deserves his chance, he's a waited a while but both Martinez and Ospina were ahead of him. He's extremely agile, like a a young Joe Hart and if Cech got injured I wouldn't rule him out making the trip to Russia with England.

He's the reason Arsene cashed in on Chesney.

Josh is a big unit so we're hoping he'll fit in down left where he can use his huge stride to the max.

Willock is top class and I wouldn't be surprised if he's knocking on the door for a first team place at some point.

As Always

kind Regards

Your best mate

Mickey Pearce esq.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyPearce View Post

Reiss Nelson and Josh DaSilva will be the wing backs.

Mainland Niles, Coquelin and Willock will hold down the midfield with Theo and Giroud up front.
    Thanks, Michael.

How much better will Mainline Niles be in midfield than at wing back?

Maitland is really an all action midfielder very much in the mould of Ray Parlour when he played there.

Wenger likes him a lot so trusts him to do a job out wide on the left for us but he's very much a beast of a central midfielder.

Unfortunately injuries are setting in with the back line so fast tracking Da Silva as potential cover if we lose both Nacho and Saed is something we have to do.

Arsene did consider moving Coquelin into the back 3 with Wilshere starting but he wants Holding and Debuchy to get more exposure so will leave it as it is.

Kind Regards

Your best mate

Mickey Pearce esq.

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyPearce View Post
    Maitland is really an all action midfielder very much in the mould of Ray Parlour when he played there.

Wenger likes him a lot so trusts him to do a job out wide on the left for us but he's very much a beast of a central midfielder.

Unfortunately injuries are setting in with the back line so fast tracking Da Silva as potential cover if we lose both Nacho and Saed is something we have to do.

Arsene did consider moving Coquelin into the back 3 with Wilshere starting but he wants Holding and Debuchy to get more exposure so will leave it as it is.

Kind Regards

Your best mate

Mickey Pearce esq.
    Good man.

Let's hope Debuchy gets a chance to rebuild his Arsenal career at last.

We could also do with young Hector having some competition for his place. Can Debuchy play there?

Debuchy would be natural cover for Bellerin but Wenger will want him in the back 3.

It's bad enough he has to waste an extra player as a defender so he'll want Matt in there for his passing, fleet footedness and attacking capabilities.

Hence the reason he's got Mo back there and is thinking about Coquelin too.

Also we're still not sure he's got the legs for an up and down grinding winding back position.

All in all I'm glad he's back. A good egg and not the Winston Bogarde type people make him out to be. With a bit of luck he can get his chance with the French team again.

Kind regards

Your Best Mate

Mickey Pearce esq

I can't believe he actually went ahead and played Coquelin there.

We tried it behind closed doors and we've been drilling him on the position but we told Arsene he needed game time in the position first.

Also Holding was fit to play.

Kind Regards

Your Best Mate

Mickey Pearce

Of all the Arsenal ITKs out there I don’t any of them have given us gold like Coquelin in a centre half role imo

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    Of all the Arsenal ITKs out there I don’t any of them have given us gold like Coquelin in a centre half role imo

We are truly blessed to have Mickey Pearce on here.