Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Just in case anyone has forgotten these brave words

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    The chap in the Guardian reckons we were shíte and that we're mainly shíte because Xhaka and Kolasinec are shíte. (I paraphrase)

This strikes me as harsh.
    The centre of our midfield is our major weakness. The back three is actually not bad. We win an awful lot of headers in our own box.

I dont know what to say about Xhaka. Clearly a talented footballer but he doesnt appear too comfortable in his current role. I am tempted to argue that it is a case of who you partner him with but its a guess.

I hate saying this but Jack looked sharp. Better than I have seen him in a long time. Not 100% but there were flashes of the old player in there.

He was fouled when he lost the ball, wasn't he? I know his form isn't great the moment, but still.
    You would be annoyed if said ‘foul’ was given against you. One of those.

I suspect a British pundit may suggest he was fouled / lost the ball too easy, perhaps dwelling a split second too long, unaware of the presence of Gueye which others perhaps could have helped with. Maybe they did.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Well I may get told off having won 5-2 but we weren’t that brilliant, they were pish. There was individual errors from 3-4 players which accounted for their goals, two bad goals to give away at any level of football and they played themselves into trouble with cards early for Williams and Gueye.

Perfect game for us really, Ozil had all the time and space he wanted, Bellerin was not threatened at all and they had no midfield.

Saw one moment in the first half where Sanchez had dropped into our half to collect the ball and when he played forward Ramsey was the most advanced player apart from Lacazette. An isolated incident one may say but one that still suggests a little calamitous approach perhaps.

Nice to see Jack Jackie wee Jack Wilshere back mind you.
    Far be it from me to tell you off, but it is important to try to keep some balance and objectivity; did we get beaten 4 at Anfield because we were shít or because Liverpool were good? I put it to you that it was a combination of both factors.

Jack Wilshere is one of those who is the best player on the pitch in 95% of games he plays. Facto, Daddio.

Saw one moment in the first half where Sanchez had dropped into our half to collect the ball and when he played forward Ramsey was the most advanced player apart from Lacazette. An isolated incident one may say but one that still suggests a little calamitous approach perhaps.
    Not so isolated over the season so far. He's up there quite a lot.

Far be it from me to tell you off, but it is important to try to keep some balance and objectivity; did we get beaten 4 at Anfield because we were shít or because Liverpool were good? I put it to you that it was a combination of both factors.

Jack Wilshere is one of those who is the best player on the pitch in 95% of games he plays. Facto, Daddio.
    I have no wish to argue with you but I genuinely don’t recall the goal by goal breakdown of that defeat. I recall the loss of course, but I very quickly forget detail as like any real football person I move onto the next game.

I would not expect you to understood.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    He's a funny one, Xhaka. He sometimes looks great, but he does the one thing you really don't want from a midfielder, which is surrender possession far, far too easily.
    nail and head
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    nail and head
    He is in the eye of the storm as such following the somewhat hysterical reaction to the defeat at Watford and the role (or lack of) he was seen to play in their winner.

It was a poor goal to concede and you could pick holes from the moment Mertesacker passed the ball to Xhaka not laying it off immediately to Mertesacker hesitating and not pushing on Rooney, Christ how much time did he have to look up and pick his spot.

Not convinced the man AW has nailed that area yet, perhaps another body in there would help. Enter Jack Wilshere, as such.

Not convinced the man AW has nailed that area yet, perhaps another body in there would help. Enter Jack Wilshere, as such.
    Back to 4-2-3-1 to plug the hole in our midfield?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Not so isolated over the season so far. He's up there quite a lot.
    Useless ****.

THe dramatic over reaction to every one of Ozil's performances (good and bad) is becoming rather tiresome, particularly when the arguments tend to rely so heavily on things like body language.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Back to 4-2-3-1 to plug the hole in our midfield?
    I expect so.

The suggestion has always lingered that AW never really felt the love for the defensive renaissance.