Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I do fear the rise of the Spurs to an extent.

I do fear the rise of the Spurs to an extent.

Saruman is spreading mischief, the old bat.

Quote Originally Posted by eastgermanautos View Post
    Saruman is spreading mischief, the old bat.
    Stadium to pay for, Kane and Alli will soon be off, no worries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Stadium to pay for, Kane and Alli will soon be off, no worries.
    they do have a rather good manager, though
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    they do have a rather good manager, though
    Yes, but you see I've noticed that, you've noticed that, and so have all those lovely big clubs in Europe with loads of money...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Yes, but you see I've noticed that, you've noticed that, and so have all those lovely big clubs in Europe with loads of money...

I think this is the key. If the manager goes we have to trust them to appoint another bad one. I dont think the squad is packed with amazing players. An idiot would finish sixth with them.

Strange image of Daniel Levy and Diego Maradona looking very uncomfortable sitting next to each other yesterday. Daniel looked like he was trying to lean as far away from Diego as possible and the coke-bothering handballer looked like a fat, grumpy* Gordon Brown.

*Even more grumpy than usual.
    Last edited by Ash; 10-23-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Strange image of Daniel Levy and Diego Maradona looking very uncomfortable sitting next to each other yesterday. Daniel looked like he was trying to lean as far away from Diego as possible and the coke-bothering handballer looked like a fat, grumpy* Gordon Brown.

*Even more grumpy than usual.
    The imminent NLD could be an enlightening match.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    The imminent NLD could be an enlightening match.
    I mean they're clearly better than us at the moment. And that's fine - we're both old enough to remember a time when Spurs were better than us before and it's hardly the end of the world.

Just as long as they don't win anything significant like the league or the CL (neither of which I think is likely), they can have the bragging rights for a bit.

Abnormal picture of Daniel Levy and Diego Maradona looking exceptionally awkward sitting by each other yesterday. Daniel appeared as though he was endeavoring to lean as far from Diego as could reasonably be expected and the coke-irritating handballer resembled a fat, grumpy* Gordon Brown.

*Even more testy than expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I mean they're clearly better than us at the moment. And that's fine - we're both old enough to remember a time when Spurs were better than us before and it's hardly the end of the world.

Just as long as they don't win anything significant like the league or the CL (neither of which I think is likely), they can have the bragging rights for a bit.
    We did have a pretty fierce starting 11 yesterday. The Lacazette, Ozil, Sanchez combo. When you see the three of them you can see how it might work out. Lacazette is actually good. Of course Ramsey can be counted on to spray nine balls wide from close range. He should have scored in the third minute.