Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Booze report.

Booze report.

Still not a drop taken since Monday.

I'm seriously considering extending until tomorrow.

Am I supposed to feel better yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

You're just being silly now. This is starting to smack of dirty presbyterian behaviour.

I can't imagine going to bed sober on a Friday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You're just being silly now. This is starting to smack of dirty presbyterian behaviour.

I can't imagine going to bed sober on a Friday night.
    It is the Friday element that's bothering me. Perhaps I shall partake tonight, then aim not to drink on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week? Imagine how healthy I will be!

It is the Friday element that's bothering me. Perhaps I shall partake tonight, then aim not to drink on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday next week? Imagine how healthy I will be!
    I think the early impact is that without doubt you will feel worse as your body misses or craves what it has grown accustomed to – even if that something was allegedly bad for you.

In time you may feel a benefit, or should do.

You were not I presume getting leathered on school nights so the physical improvements will be small but tangible.

Just how dire was this doctor's visit? Because you do seem to be going - and I say this with enormous affection - a teensy-weensy bit completely fūcking mental ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I think the early impact is that without doubt you will feel worse as your body misses or craves what it has grown accustomed to – even if that something was allegedly bad for you.

In time you may feel a benefit, or should do.

You were not I presume getting leathered on school nights so the physical improvements will be small but tangible.

You see 'leathered' is a very relative term. I've known people who are starting to get incapable on what I'll have before 9 O'Clock.

Is cider alcohol? I find it nicer than orange juice for breakfast now

Just how dire was this doctor's visit? Because you do seem to be going - and I say this with enormous affection - a teensy-weensy bit completely fūcking mental ever since.
    It wasn't serious, it just made me angry.

I eat better than 95% of the population, I exercise every day, and STILL they tell me my blood pressure is higher than ideal? The absolute ****s.

I'll show them.

You see 'leathered' is a very relative term. I've known people who are starting to get incapable on what I'll have before 9 O'Clock.
    Well quite, it is an entirely individual thing and even for a person it varies depending on intangibles such as fatigue, prior consumption of food etc.

I suppose leathered could be defined as consumption to a level where one actually feels quite bad the next day and as a result one’s body is under stress, perhaps enormous stress, to deal with and overcome the effects. Monday to Friday you force yourself to deal with it, Sunday you lie on the sofa with The Sunday Times and a six pack of McCoys crisps.

If you were doing this regularly, school nights, as your daughter at college for example, then to stop would clearly bring physical and others benefits.

If one is having 1-2 glasses of red per night then to stop would provide negligible obvious physical benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Is cider alcohol? I find it nicer than orange juice for breakfast now
    For a healthy sunday breakfast drink I like to take a glass of Pineapple and babana smoothie and add a large measure of white rum. An instant pina colada, and you can't argue with that.