Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fúck off Obama, you race-baiting, Islamist apologising, war-mongering ****

Fúck off Obama, you race-baiting, Islamist apologising, war-mongering ****

The best thing about you is the colour of your skin, and you even managed to use that to sow division.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-virginia-hope

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    The best thing about you is the colour of your skin, and you even managed to use that to sow division.

This is an ironic as rain on your wedding day;

“But here’s one thing I know: if you have to win a campaign by dividing people, you’re not going to be able to govern them. You won’t be able to unite them later if that’s how you start.”

I do find it quite extraordinary that the bien-pensant types all agree that Trump's election speaks of a horribly divided USA in which disunity, mutual resentment, racial division and political polarisation are at a particular high, etc, etc, but no-one ever follows through and suggests that maybe some of the blame can be laid at the feet of the guy who was running the place for the 8 years.

So you agree the place is a mess, but the bloke who was in charge while it became a mess gets a free pass? It's bizarre.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I do find it quite extraordinary that the bien-pensant types all agree that Trump's election speaks of a horribly divided USA in which disunity, mutual resentment, racial division and political polarisation are at a particular high, etc, etc, but no-one ever follows through and suggests that maybe some of the blame can be laid at the feet of the guy who was running the place for the 8 years.

So you agree the place is a mess, but the bloke who was in charge while it became a mess gets a free pass? It's bizarre.
    The one I like is when people claim Trump's election was fuelled by racism, when his election relied on the votes of millions of people who had previously voted a black man into office.

So how does that work exactly? Obama was such a bad President he turned people racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    This is an ironic as rain on your wedding day;

“But here’s one thing I know: if you have to win a campaign by dividing people, you’re not going to be able to govern them. You won’t be able to unite them later if that’s how you start.”

So, not remotely ironic then?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    So, not remotely ironic then?
    I was being ironic, p.

The one I like is when people claim Trump's election was fuelled by racism, when his election relied on the votes of millions of people who had previously voted a black man into office.

So how does that work exactly? Obama was such a bad President he turned people racist?
    What????

Seriously, what the **** are you going on about? Who says something that stupid and why would you repeat it?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I was being ironic, p.
    Is it ironic that americans cant pronounce it properly?

I dont even know anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    What????

Seriously, what the **** are you going on about? Who says something that stupid and why would you repeat it?
    Pardon me?

Well of course Obama's election was fuelled by racism, but in a slightly different way. Basically, as you say, his only USP was being black. This meant that nearly all black people and vast numbers of white people who wanted to show they weren't racist voted for him not because of his perceived ability, but because of his skin colour. Equally, his race meant he was horribly over-hyped to the point where it was assumed he would fart thunder and shít lightning. When he singly failed so to do, it was inevitable that disillusionment set in.

Essentially, the rule is that if you're going to play on your race to get into the White House, don't then be surprised that race is a political issue.