Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Fúck off Obama, you race-baiting, Islamist apologising, war-mongering ****

“They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime...their rapists”

His wording was brilliant as it appealed to both his racist supporters and those who were able to convince themselves he meant “their “ and wouldn’t have to feel dirty about voting for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Its similar to our own issue with immigration. One can be opposed to immigration without being racist but if one is racist one is bound to oppose immigration. Politics tends to lump people together with the other people voting the same way.

I dont think Trump ran a racist campaign but he ran one that deliberately targeted the premise of political correctness and challenged it. At times, this involved perpetuating racial stereotypes in the more subtle forms and then refusing to apologise for it. Millions of people loved him for that. His sentence on Mexicans was almost genius- he didnt they say they were rapists but he phrased the sentence to make it sound as though he was saying it.

His real genius was in making the White House sound far more important than it actually is, endowing it with the power to change anything it wanted. Powerful President= powerful USA.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post

“They’re bringing drugs, they’re bringing crime...their rapists”

His wording was brilliant as it appealed to both his racist supporters and those who were able to convince themselves he meant “their “ and wouldn’t have to feel dirty about voting for him.
    Plus, of course, what he said was to a large extent true.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    P's point, I think, is that despite that, you would never catch anyone in the "political mainstream" saying it

It occurred to me the other day that, with people demanding various past political donations be returned, for one reason or another, that, in that case, the Donald himself must be owed a few quid from many who are now defaming him.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    P's point, I think, is that despite that, you would never catch anyone in the "political mainstream" saying it

It occurred to me the other day that, with people demanding various past political donations be returned, for one reason or another, that, in that case, the Donald himself must be owed a few quid from many who are now defaming him.
    Yes, I think it's too easy for us all to forget that the Donald is the real victim here.

Yes, I think it's too easy for us all to forget that the Donald is the real victim here.
    We can all hang our heads in shame that we didn't come forward and say something much sooner. We all knew enough to do do more than we have done
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Oh, yes. There are vast hordes of votes to be won by challenging political correctness, though, for the simple reason that all right-thinking people absolutely fùcking hate it.
    Particularly if your general appeal is going to be based on the notion that you will do/say the things the others would not dream of....

The drugs thing..... its the obvious route for drugs. It doesnt mean that those crossing are bringing drugs with them. Plus the drugs are the crime so it is effectively two for the price of one. And anyway, drugs are cool and people want them in the country.

Rape isn't great, admittedly.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post

You dont make a career in politics by telling the truth.

You dont make a career in politics by telling the truth.
    Right. Which is probably why the Donald treats politics like a hobby, just something to do.

The drugs thing..... its the obvious route for drugs. It doesnt mean that those crossing are bringing drugs with them. Plus the drugs are the crime so it is effectively two for the price of one. And anyway, drugs are cool and people want them in the country.

Rape isn't great, admittedly.
    In fact, it means precisely that. Crime is crime, after all, and crime pays.