Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Peter, have you ever been accosted by students in this manner, or are all the

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's because they're customers now as much as they're students. They have to be pandered to rather than told to just fùcking get a grip.

THe customer element has been the case in the US for years. THis is just another example of PC bull****.

To be fair, it seems to have sprung from him refusing to ask students not to black up for Halloween so one could argue there is an issue there somewhere. What is disturbing is the notion that one is not even entitled to voice an opinion. There IS no debate; you DONT get to have an opinion. This is accepted fact.

THat is very, very worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    THe customer element has been the case in the US for years. THis is just another example of PC bull****.

To be fair, it seems to have sprung from him refusing to ask students not to black up for Halloween so one could argue there is an issue there somewhere. What is disturbing is the notion that one is not even entitled to voice an opinion. There IS no debate; you DONT get to have an opinion. This is accepted fact.

It's not real blacking up, though, is it? It's not boot black on the face and singing 'Mammy' blacking up. It's dressing up as red injuns, which everyone did when they were kids.

Besides which, who cares about injuns?

It's not real blacking up, though, is it? It's not boot black on the face and singing 'Mammy' blacking up. It's dressing up as red injuns, which everyone did when they were kids.

Native Americans I think you will find B.

Not red either.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Native Americans I think you will find B.

Not red either.
    First Nation Peoples, actually.

Perhaps. I think the real point is that if you are going to allow 'offensive' to be defined as anything that might annoy, irritate or upset any individual then it is going to be impossible to create a rule for people to follow. You would have to outlaw pretty much everything, just on the off chance.

So, sorry, but it IS a debate. It cant not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    What is disturbing is the notion that one is not even entitled to voice an opinion. There IS no debate; you DONT get to have an opinion. This is accepted fact.

To paraphrase a quote I read recently in connection with antifa: There are two types of Fascists. Fascists, and anti-Fascists.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    To paraphrase a quote I read recently in connection with antifa: There are two types of Fascists. Fascists, and anti-Fascists.
    "We will tell you when you are being racist. That's how it works"

Do these idiots genuinely believe that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    La Rabbia e l’Orgoglio, or The Rage and the Pride, in English money.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."