Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Man dies on Monday. The Guardian waits until Thursday to publish a hatchet job on him

Man dies on Monday. The Guardian waits until Thursday to publish a hatchet job on him

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Your obsession with the Guardian really is out of control

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Although that really is a poorly written ****ish piece

I'd have had a pop at it wherever it appeared, tbh

Even if it's 100% true, it's wildly unnecessary and reeks of axe-grinding.

I would class you as a hatchet job lover b so why the chagrin about this one? Did you like Hughes or is it your odium toward the Gruaniad?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    I would class you as a hatchet job lover b so why the chagrin about this one? Did you like Hughes or is it your odium toward the Gruaniad?
    However you class me, I'm not, so your premise is flawed.

I don't believe that, in the the week someone dies, it is appropriate to publish a piece that smears a man who can't answer back with snidey hints and unsubstantiated allegations about his character. Why would you do it? It's not like he was Jimmy Savile, ffs! He was a man who clearly had a variety of human flaws - like most of us. Why would you decide to publish a piece rubbishing the man in the press the week he dies?

I'd have had a pop at it wherever it appeared, tbh

Even if it's 100% true, it's wildly unnecessary and reeks of axe-grinding.
    Absolutely - I apologise for my initial reaction. It's rank poor journalism - and regardless of your views on Hughes (who from what I know was actually a highly regarded and liked figure even in the bitchy world of comics) as you say totally unecessary

Sounds like a bit of attention seeking and bitterness from this journo. Then again imagine looking like Prince Harry without actually being Prince Harry. That's gotta suck imo.
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    Sounds like a bit of attention seeking and bitterness from this journo. Then again imagine looking like Prince Harry without actually being Prince Harry. That's gotta suck imo.
    Oddly no comments allowed. Despicable **** deserves some **** for this alone

"I shall go to his funeral on Monday, and I will still be asking myself: who was my old friend? And why did his life turn out this way?"

Oddly no comments allowed. Despicable **** deserves some **** for this alone

"I shall go to his funeral on Monday, and I will still be asking myself: who was my old friend? And why did his life turn out this way?"
    Would I be wrong in thinking that most peoples' lives end up with a funeral?