Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: :hehe: Can you imagine the sheer panic onboard this aircraft? Lining up for a smooth

:hehe: Can you imagine the sheer panic onboard this aircraft? Lining up for a smooth

landing into Dusseldorf, ground closing in, runway comes into view & then the aircraft gracefully dips her left wing and starts swerving toward the terminal building.

Really not sure what the Captain was thinking tbh.

http://www.bbc.com/news/av/world-eur...r-in-dsseldorf

Quote Originally Posted by Rich View Post
    landing into Dusseldorf, ground closing in, runway comes into view & then the aircraft gracefully dips her left wing and starts swerving toward the terminal building.

Disappointing use of the correct terminology

That skipper wants a punch in the throat.

Imagine doing a flyby with the gear down. It's... inelegant

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    That skipper wants a punch in the throat.

Imagine doing a flyby with the gear down. It's... inelegant
    I suspect ATC would have been panicking if they'd seen him on approach with gear up, though. Still not sure what they could have done about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Disappointing use of the correct terminology
    I mean if we can't even say plane and do some for the Clogg wearer then what has AWIMB come to... sad seens imo
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I suspect ATC would have been panicking if they'd seen him on approach with gear up, though. Still not sure what they could have done about it.
    By the time they noticed the gear (if they did at all) the most they would do is advise him to 'Check three greens'.

I suspect that the aircraft was flying a visual circuit and advised ATC that they would make a 'low approach and go around', which is what you say for the tapes when you're going to beat the airfield up.

By the time they noticed the gear (if they did at all) the most they would do is advise him to 'Check three greens'.

I suspect that the aircraft was flying a visual circuit and advised ATC that they would make a 'low approach and go around', which is what you say for the tapes when you're going to beat the airfield up.
    What's golf go to do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    What's golf go to do with it?
    Did we ever establish exactly how shít golf is?

I'm going to go for extremely shít.

No alcohol in 60 hours. I'm sure my internal organs are starting to break down.

Did we ever establish exactly how shít golf is?

I'm going to go for extremely shít.

No alcohol in 60 hours. I'm sure my internal organs are starting to break down.
    ****ing hell C, even I got bladdered last night, made it to closing time too, and I don't do school nights anymore!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'

Quote Originally Posted by barrybueno View Post
    ****ing hell C, even I got bladdered last night, made it to closing time too, and I don't do school nights anymore!
    I'm trying to decide whether to extend until tomorrow.

I think I can do it.