Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40 hours in and it's starting to bite.

40 hours in and it's starting to bite.

If I can be strong for another 7 hours I will have triumphed and will know I am capable of anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    If I can be strong for another 7 hours I will have triumphed and will know I am capable of anything!
    So you start drinking again at 10pm tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    So you start drinking again at 10pm tonight?
    No, at 10 o'clock tonight I go to bed. There is no booze in my bed so I will be safe from temptation.

No, at 10 o'clock tonight I go to bed. There is no booze in my bed so I will be safe from temptation.
    And you'll sleep ok?

And you'll sleep ok?
    I can only hope. I slept OK last night. I'm reading a book about the sinking of the Lusitania which is quite dull, so that will help.

I can only hope. I slept OK last night. I'm reading a book about the sinking of the Lusitania which is quite dull, so that will help.
    Has it got to the actual sinking yet? That might liven it up a wee bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Has it got to the actual sinking yet? That might liven it up a wee bit.
    That's what I'm hoiping for, but it's taking an age to get there. It's taking the human interest angle of telling me all about some of the passengers - their potted life stories, why they were booked on board, what they did in the weeks, days and hours leading up to the voyage... like I give a fúck.

That's what I'm hoiping for, but it's taking an age to get there. It's taking the human interest angle of telling me all about some of the passengers - their potted life stories, why they were booked on board, what they did in the weeks, days and hours leading up to the voyage... like I give a fúck.
    Does the book discuss munitions being carried?

The good news is that if any of the characters annoy you, you have the consolation of knowing they'll almost certainly drown.

Does the book discuss munitions being carried?
    Whose side are you on anyway?