Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I haven't had a drink now since 10 pm last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    THURSDAY NIGHT! NOT TOMORROW NIGHT! THURSDAY! CHRIST!

Sorry. Bit twitchy.
    Oh, right. You probably ought to have tried starting off small and building up. Y’know, 24 hours one week, then 48, then 72. Just going straight into the 72 hours seems rash. Dunno what you were thinking of.

No, r. But since oevr the last 5 years I've got fit and given up drugs and fags, I thought I might as well go the whole hog and have two days per week off the grog, to allow liver repair.

I'm going to live forever.
    I hate to be the one that delivers bad news but such abstinence as referred to above will do less than **** all to actually repair your liver.

If your car has bald tyres and one doesn't drive them then the thread does not re-appear, the tyres are fúcked. Further driving may render them even worse but less does not correct them.

If your liver is in a state of ill repair after 30-40 years of alcohol abuse then 1-2 nights a week is like a raindrop falling into the ocean.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    I hate to be the one that delivers bad news but such abstinence as referred to above will do less than **** all to actually repair your liver.

If your car has bald tyres and one doesn't drive them then the thread does not re-appear, the tyres are fúcked. Further driving may render them even worse but less does not correct them.

If your liver is in a state of ill repair after 30-40 years of alcohol abuse then 1-2 nights a week is like a raindrop falling into the ocean.
    Thank you Doctor fúcking Kildare.

Look to your own liver, and I shall look to mine. I can assure you that by this time on Thursday I will have the gizzards of a 12 year old virgin.

Perhaps he's thinking of hounds. Depending on the cause of the damage, their livers can, and do, re-generate themselves.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Thank you Doctor fúcking Kildare.

Look to your own liver, and I shall look to mine. I can assure you that by this time on Thursday I will have the gizzards of a 12 year old virgin.
    Fúck off and steal a bicycle you ungrateful stroke boy Dutch ponce.

I withdraw my sound advice.

Good day.

Fúck off and steal a bicycle you ungrateful stroke boy Dutch ponce.

I withdraw my sound advice.

Good day.
    As Lady Thatcher told us, 'you know when you've one the argument when the Paddy reverts to personal abuse'.

As Lady Thatcher told us, 'you know when you've one the argument when the Paddy reverts to personal abuse'.
    I see no personal abuse, merely a succinct summation of facts we have gathered and agreed on.

I see no personal abuse, merely a succinct summation of facts we have gathered and agreed on.
    The human liver does regenerate and repair itself, though. Cirrhosis is essentially the point at which it ceases to do so

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    The human liver does regenerate and repair itself, though. Cirrhosis is essentially the point at which it ceases to do so

This regeneration however takes time, and taking two nights off in the middle of the week, would not suffice.

One has to more or less give up drinking and where pray tell is the fun in that?

Not going to get one until 6 pm on Thursday.

This is fúcking torture.
    I've not had a cigarette since roughly the same time

It's ****ing torture and will be for another 48 hours or so