Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Something struck me as strange on Saturday evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is presumably not the chance where Ozil was through at 1-0 and hit it straight at the keeper with the whole goal to aim at. It was a lovely pass for Iwobi's chance, but I thought the goalie did quite well with that one.
    Iwobi did quite well with that one. Two quick touches to position the ball and open his body. From a tight angle I thought it was a good save.

Ozil's attempt was pretty pathetic to be honest. Still... not his fault that the ref gave an absurd penalty and then the entire team decided they couldn't be arsed any more.

Is it not also a bit pathetic that Ramsey is given the weekend off because he is too upset? Do other clubs do this?

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Is it not also a bit pathetic that Ramsey is given the weekend off because he is too upset? Do other clubs do this?

that'll be the great mental streeeength that Wenger is always referencing...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Colney-creche, as they say, innit.

I've been waiting for WES to come wading in, guns blazing, and evangelising about how much better the team was with no Ramsey involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Following our defeat, the social medias were positively alight with 'amusing' memes, put downs and general bantz at our expense. "Hahahaha!" cried the world in general, "those silly billies Arsenal lost a football match!" in such a way as to suggest that the action of losing is somehow peculiar to us.

I don't understand it. Why is it sooo amazing and amusing when we lose a game, but not so when any other fúcker does?
    Simply, any story mentioning the Arsenal (or even #afc, I suppose) gets more hits. Sometimes even if the story has absolutely nothing to do with us.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Iwobi did quite well with that one. Two quick touches to position the ball and open his body. From a tight angle I thought it was a good save.

Ozil's attempt was pretty pathetic to be honest. Still... not his fault that the ref gave an absurd penalty and then the entire team decided they couldn't be arsed any more.

There's no such thing as a good save, P. There's only poor finishing.

I wouldn't really blame either of them, to be honest; it would concern me if the Number 9 had failed to take either of those opportunities though.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."