Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Something struck me as strange on Saturday evening.

Something struck me as strange on Saturday evening.

Following our defeat, the social medias were positively alight with 'amusing' memes, put downs and general bantz at our expense. "Hahahaha!" cried the world in general, "those silly billies Arsenal lost a football match!" in such a way as to suggest that the action of losing is somehow peculiar to us.

I don't understand it. Why is it sooo amazing and amusing when we lose a game, but not so when any other fúcker does?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Following our defeat, the social medias were positively alight with 'amusing' memes, put downs and general bantz at our expense. "Hahahaha!" cried the world in general, "those silly billies Arsenal lost a football match!" in such a way as to suggest that the action of losing is somehow peculiar to us.

I don't understand it. Why is it sooo amazing and amusing when we lose a game, but not so when any other fúcker does?
    Wenger, innit. We're ahead of Liverpool in the table but no-one seems to be laughing at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post

Our Albanian standing around picking his nose while we were conceding the second goal went down particularly well amongst non-Albanian Macedonians, I've been told.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Our Albanian standing around picking his nose while we were conceding the second goal went down particularly well amongst non-Albanian Macedonians, I've been told.
    Ozil was getting his usual abuse for missing a chance that I thought the keeper did really well with. Also laid on the perfect pass for Iwobi to miss, which no one deemed fit to mention

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Ozil was getting his usual abuse for missing a chance that I thought the keeper did really well with. Also laid on the perfect pass for Iwobi to miss, which no one deemed fit to mention
    This is presumably not the chance where Ozil was through at 1-0 and hit it straight at the keeper with the whole goal to aim at. It was a lovely pass for Iwobi's chance, but I thought the goalie did quite well with that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    This is presumably not the chance where Ozil was through at 1-0 and hit it straight at the keeper with the whole goal to aim at. It was a lovely pass for Iwobi's chance, but I thought the goalie did quite well with that one.
    Yes, that one, keeper was out very quickly to cut the angle. Yes he probably should have scored but seen plenty of quality strikers miss those.

Yes, that one, keeper was out very quickly to cut the angle. Yes he probably should have scored but seen plenty of quality strikers miss those.
    Did you see the replay from behind the goal? Easier to score imo
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    Did you see the replay from behind the goal? Easier to score imo
    No, I was too furious when that ridiculous penalty was given 30s later!

No, I was too furious when that ridiculous penalty was given 30s later!
    1.20ish

doesn't show you from behind but, FFS!
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Wenger, innit. We're ahead of Liverpool in the table but no-one seems to be laughing at them.
    No, although there were a plethora of articles before the game questioning whether Klopp had improved Liverpool at all.