Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My favourite part of Saturday was seeing our fans lose their shít with Wenger

My favourite part of Saturday was seeing our fans lose their shít with Wenger

for bringing on Holding instead of Wilshere, when it was palpably clear that Kos had signalled he was injured and had to come off.

Imagine going to the bother of attending a live event that you are *that* disengaged with and then getting *that* angry when your lack of engagement results in you totally missundertsanding what the fúck is going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    for bringing on Holding instead of Wilshere, when it was palpably clear that Kos had signalled he was injured and had to come off.

Imagine going to the bother of attending a live event that you are *that* disengaged with and then getting *that* angry when your lack of engagement results in you totally missundertsanding what the fúck is going on?
    One supposes that was your favourite part largely because everything that happened on the pitch was so utterly unpleasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    One supposes that was your favourite part largely because everything that happened on the pitch was so utterly unpleasing.
    There was a moment in the first half that we put a nice, slick passing move together and nearly created a half-chance. I quite enjoyed that.
    Last edited by Monty92; 10-16-2017 at 09:50 AM.

There was a moment in the first half that we put a nice, slick passing move together and nearly created a half-chance chance. I quite enjoyed that.
    Nearly created a half chance! Now if that isn't worth getting excited about nothing is
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

One point from twelve away from home.

Imagine going to that lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Nearly created a half chance! Now if that isn't worth getting excited about nothing is
    There was also a moment that Kolasinac brought down a cross-field pass with a beautifully deft piece of control. Worth the entrance free alone, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    One point from twelve away from home.

Imagine going to that lot.
    I'm not denying that we are irredeemably **** or that the Weng deserves cancer.

It's just the disengagement that baffles me.

I'm not denying that we are irredeemably **** or that the Weng deserves cancer.

It's just the disengagement that baffles me.
    People mostly just attend games in the hope of seeing their team score goals and win, I think. Everything else is pretty much secondary.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    People mostly just attend games in the hope of seeing their team score goals and win, I think. Everything else is pretty much secondary.
    But if you don't care enough to not be able to follow such a basic and fundamental narrative thread, how can you care enough to get angry about it?

But if you don't care enough to not be able to follow such a basic and fundamental narrative thread, how can you care enough to get angry about it?
    Because you're angry about not winning (or, in our case, losing) and thus perceive everything that happens thought that prism and as either contributory to or symptomatic of that fact.

Football crowds - in case you hadn't noticed - are not wise, rational, considered or dispassionate things.