Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My favourite part of Saturday was seeing our fans lose their shít with Wenger

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I'm not denying that we are irredeemably **** or that the Weng deserves cancer.

It's just the disengagement that baffles me.
    When one is busy explaining to, for example, a goal-shy boggle-eyed living-nicker that he is a useless reproductive organ it is perhaps understandably easy to miss seeing the captain pull up with a knacked calf just prior to being substituted.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    When one is busy explaining to, for example, a goal-shy boggle-eyed living-nicker that he is a useless reproductive organ it is perhaps understandably easy to miss seeing the captain pull up with a knacked calf just prior to being substituted.
    You don't have to see him pulling up. You just had to engage for a millisecond and allow the most basic context clues to sink into your thick ****ing head. The second I saw Holding on the touchline my first thought was that there must be a defensive injury. And yet the first first thought of all of these fans was that Wenger had changed his mind at the last moment and opted for a defensive substitution, and then continued thinking this even AFTER they saw Kos coming off.

You don't have to see him pulling up. You just had to engage for a millisecond and allow the most basic context clues to sink into your thick ****ing head. The second I saw Holding on the touchline my first thought was that there must be a defensive injury. And yet the first first thought of all of these fans was that Wenger had changed his mind at the last moment and opted for a defensive substitution, and then continued thinking this even AFTER they saw Kos coming off.
    Yes, yes, I know. All I would say is that having a go at some pissed-up spectators whose wrath, however inarticulate and misdirected, could have been avoided by the team not playing like a bunch of complete cùntwarbles, seems to miss the key take-away* of the evenings entertainment, or lack of.

* My apologies for using this abomination.

What you say is of course, valid. However, it is hard not to feel that you may be seeking to distract from the key point, which is that the fans did justifiably have a fair amount to moan about in that performance.

When I attend football matches the fundamental narrative thread is always foremost in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    When I attend football matches the fundamental narrative thread is always foremost in my mind.
    Are you lampooning me?

Are you lampooning me?
    I would not dream of such a thing my friend.

Perhaps the others you are mocking did not see Koscielny letting the bench know he wanted to come off, perhaps they thought JW could come on and we revert to a back 4 which we have done many times before, his introduction being to try and win the game.

Lot's of scenarios, all simply the view or opinion of other football supporters.