Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Granit Jacka

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'd rather the players and the club didn't accept it, as they're the only ones who can do anything about it. For us as fans, accepting inevitable failure as inevitable failure is most sensible imo, and the only way to avoid one's weekend being spoiled.
    A cynical view would be that there has to be consequences for repeated failures. There dont appear to be any, at an level. A cosy club- a safe space, even.

He said the players were shocked in the dressing room. I would expect to see fist fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    A cynical view would be that there has to be consequences for repeated failures. There dont appear to be any, at an level. A cosy club- a safe space, even.

He said the players were shocked in the dressing room. I would expect to see fist fights.
    Why would there be fist fights? We are in the mix, knocking around the top of the table with all the teams you'd expect. Granted, we've fallen behind the leaders, but we are where we'd hope we'd be, albeit a few points worse off. Disappointing and concerning, of course, but no reason for fist fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Why would there be fist fights? We are in the mix, knocking around the top of the table with all the teams you'd expect. Granted, we've fallen behind the leaders, but we are where we'd hope we'd be, albeit a few points worse off. Disappointing and concerning, of course, but no reason for fist fights.
    Well.... because we were largely in control of a game with 20 minutes to go and then pretty much downed tools the minute we conceded a dodgy penalty. The collective approach in the last 20 minutes was appalling.

A team with anything like ambition should be ****ing furious about that. Monreal should have been ****ing livid with Xhaka for standing like a clown on the edge of the box.

Perhaps it is unfair but you get the feeling they dont get into too many of these conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well.... because we were largely in control of a game with 20 minutes to go and then pretty much downed tools the minute we conceded a dodgy penalty. The collective approach in the last 20 minutes was appalling.

A team with anything like ambition should be ****ing furious about that. Monreal should have been ****ing livid with Xhaka for standing like a clown on the edge of the box.

Perhaps it is unfair but you get the feeling they dont get into too many of these conversations.
    But all teams that don't think they can win the league do that sometimes. Down tools, I mean. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't think you can win the league, you aren't going to try that hard are you. I'm not sure why this is news-worthy.

But all teams that don't think they can win the league do that sometimes. Down tools, I mean. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't think you can win the league, you aren't going to try that hard are you. I'm not sure why this is news-worthy.
    They should start by trying to win the fùcking game. Seriously, if they can't do that they are not competitive sportsmen and are nicking the proverbial. They should either get a right fùcking boll0cking until they know how to compete in the moment for every match or hand their vastly inflated monies back. Utter cùnts.

See? That idea makes me quite cross.

They should start by trying to win the fùcking game. Seriously, if they can't do that they are not competitive sportsmen and are nicking the proverbial. They should either get a right fùcking boll0cking until they know how to compete in the moment for every match or hand their vastly inflated monies back. Utter cùnts.

Good Lord A.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Good Lord A.

I think I was channelling Peter for a moment there. How do you manage your charges when it comes to competitive spirit? By giving them 80 grand a week and assuming that's enough?

But Wenger's way is all about calmness, sangfroid, serenity and all that sort of thing. So presumably His players are selected on the strength of these aspects of their personality as well. And if we get it wrong, we sell the player to Manchester City.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Because beating Watford away has nothing to do with winning the league.

Unless it does ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Because beating Watford away has nothing to do with winning the league.

Unless it does ..
    Exactly.

At least when we lost to Liverpool we could blame Alex Oxlade Chamberlaine and various transfer window jitters.