Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Granit Jacka

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sorry, no matter how many times I read that I'm still baffled.
    It's strange as he normally presents ideas with such clarity

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Fúck Giroud, quite frankly.

He is being placated to the tune of about 80k per week and chose to stay with us in the summer, knowing that Lacazette had arrived, and also knowing that we were willing to allow him to leave.

I personally find the substitution policy with AL to be beyond bizarre. Almost like a manager who no longer really knows what is best to do but is bumbling along.
    I imagine he promised Giroud that although he'd often be on the bench he wouldn't just get thrown on in the last seconds and would at least have enough time to make his mark and potentially force his way back into the team.

I imagine....

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Sorry, no matter how many times I read that I'm still baffled.
    I can't say I'm surprised; reading it again, I'm struggling with it too

Basically, we're doing alright even though it may not seem like it.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    I imagine he promised Giroud that although he'd often be on the bench he wouldn't just get thrown on in the last seconds and would at least have enough time to make his mark and potentially force his way back into the team.

I imagine....
    If that is the case (a bit like with your theory last year with the keepers), it is quite frankly a crap idea, you don't propmise any player anythig, you make them earn the right to be on the pitch with how they do in training etc.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    If that is the case (a bit like with your theory last year with the keepers), it is quite frankly a crap idea, you don't propmise any player anythig, you make them earn the right to be on the pitch with how they do in training etc.
    Yes, well the scenario I suggested took place could very easily have been framed in the way you describe, and indeed I would expect it to have been.

Why would there be fist fights? We are in the mix, knocking around the top of the table with all the teams you'd expect. Granted, we've fallen behind the leaders, but we are where we'd hope we'd be, albeit a few points worse off. Disappointing and concerning, of course, but no reason for fist fights.
    Well.... because we were largely in control of a game with 20 minutes to go and then pretty much downed tools the minute we conceded a dodgy penalty. The collective approach in the last 20 minutes was appalling.

A team with anything like ambition should be ****ing furious about that. Monreal should have been ****ing livid with Xhaka for standing like a clown on the edge of the box.

Perhaps it is unfair but you get the feeling they dont get into too many of these conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well.... because we were largely in control of a game with 20 minutes to go and then pretty much downed tools the minute we conceded a dodgy penalty. The collective approach in the last 20 minutes was appalling.

A team with anything like ambition should be ****ing furious about that. Monreal should have been ****ing livid with Xhaka for standing like a clown on the edge of the box.

Perhaps it is unfair but you get the feeling they dont get into too many of these conversations.
    But all teams that don't think they can win the league do that sometimes. Down tools, I mean. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't think you can win the league, you aren't going to try that hard are you. I'm not sure why this is news-worthy.

I imagine....
    It is indeed very possible and plausible (for you) however must be balanced with any potential negative impact it is having on the confidence or whatever of our number one striker, the player deemed so good by AW as to pay £50m for.

In any case such an agreement would be weak management, forcing himself into a corner where he perhaps feels obliged to give a player a little run from the bench irrespective of what is occurring. Lacazette tearing up the opposition but it is now 65 minutes so OG time.

I am appalled you seem to endorse such behaviour.

Monty out!

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    It is indeed very possible and plausible (for you) however must be balanced with any potential negative impact it is having on the confidence or whatever of our number one striker, the player deemed so good by AW as to pay £50m for.

In any case such an agreement would be weak management, forcing himself into a corner where he perhaps feels obliged to give a player a little run from the bench irrespective of what is occurring. Lacazette tearing up the opposition but it is now 65 minutes so OG time.

I am appalled you seem to endorse such behaviour.

Monty out!
    Erm, I said if it's true I would be appalled.

Erm, I said if it's true I would be appalled.
    Where did you say that?
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar