Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Granit Jacka

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    But all teams that don't think they can win the league do that sometimes. Down tools, I mean. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't think you can win the league, you aren't going to try that hard are you. I'm not sure why this is news-worthy.
    They should start by trying to win the fùcking game. Seriously, if they can't do that they are not competitive sportsmen and are nicking the proverbial. They should either get a right fùcking boll0cking until they know how to compete in the moment for every match or hand their vastly inflated monies back. Utter cùnts.

See? That idea makes me quite cross.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    They should start by trying to win the fùcking game. Seriously, if they can't do that they are not competitive sportsmen and are nicking the proverbial. They should either get a right fùcking boll0cking until they know how to compete in the moment for every match or hand their vastly inflated monies back. Utter cùnts.

Good Lord A.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    But all teams that don't think they can win the league do that sometimes. Down tools, I mean. It's a self-fulfilling prophecy. If you don't think you can win the league, you aren't going to try that hard are you. I'm not sure why this is news-worthy.
    Because beating Watford away has nothing to do with winning the league.

Unless it does ..
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Good Lord A.

I think I was channelling Peter for a moment there. How do you manage your charges when it comes to competitive spirit? By giving them 80 grand a week and assuming that's enough?

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Because beating Watford away has nothing to do with winning the league.

Unless it does ..
    Exactly.

At least when we lost to Liverpool we could blame Alex Oxlade Chamberlaine and various transfer window jitters.

But Wenger's way is all about calmness, sangfroid, serenity and all that sort of thing. So presumably His players are selected on the strength of these aspects of their personality as well. And if we get it wrong, we sell the player to Manchester City.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Exactly.

At least when we lost to Liverpool we could blame Alex Oxlade Chamberlaine and various transfer window jitters.
    Oh, that's alright then; this time we could blame the ref. Happier now?

I think I was channelling Peter for a moment there. How do you manage your charges when it comes to competitive spirit? By giving them 80 grand a week and assuming that's enough?
    None of my players earn 80k per week.

Sometimes we agree that if they do well we will all go to McDonalds, or maybe they will get some packets of Match Attax. One kid was promised a new pair of football boots by his grandfather last weekend if he scored, so he was very greedy in the first half at which point I hooked him, told him why and told him to just chill the fúck out and a chance would come.

You can guess the rest. BOOM!

Exactly.

No, all blame on said occasion lay firmly at the feet of Arsene Wenger who selected AOC and who was single-handedly responsible for the transfer window jitters (shambles) you refer to.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Oh, that's alright then; this time we could blame the ref. Happier now?
    Blaming the ref is the go-to solution when defending the players and the manager. When one is pissed-off with them the ref tends to get a pass. It also depends on the opposition. When Bayern keep cheating penalties off us it drives me mad because they're better than us anyway, and it just adds humiliation to the outcome. When we have enough to comfortably beat Watford even if a big decision goes against us, the team have to take responsibility.