Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Granit Jacka

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    This is a huge part of the issue, no point in getting massively upset when we lose to lesser sides, it is where we currently are.

We are on a given day capable of beating a City or whoever but equally we are quite a distance behind them. Our days of being brilliant and even invincible are well behind us.
    Right. Although, I'd be far more concerned about losing to your Watfords than I would be about defeats against your Manchester Citys.

What have you made of the response to Manchester United's point at Anfield
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Right. Although, I'd be far more concerned about losing to your Watfords than I would be about defeats against your Manchester Citys.

What have you made of the response to Manchester United's point at Anfield
    I have not really over exposed myself to it. The outcome with Mourinho being pragmatic and seeming to prioritise not losing over actually winning does not surprise me, he has form.

Sad scenes in a way as even less Pogba and whoever else they should have been good enough to beat an average Liverpool team.

I am sure he sees it as a point well earned, which perhaps any such point away from home is?

I have not really over exposed myself to it. The outcome with Mourinho being pragmatic and seeming to prioritise not losing over actually winning does not surprise me, he has form.

Sad scenes in a way as even less Pogba and whoever else they should have been good enough to beat an average Liverpool team.

I am sure he sees it as a point well earned, which perhaps any such point away from home is?
    Makes a change for you to not over expose yourself, imo

Right. Against an average Liverpool that put four on us. Even Burnley got a draw there and Crystal Palace were fairly unlucky to lose their game too.

That's the thing; we seem to be poor in the most unusual, unfathomable and, dare I say it, unfootballistic ways.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Makes a change for you to not over expose yourself, imo
    Modern society M, can't do anything anymore without somebody taking offence.

#Me Too

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Ah, I see now that Wenger has claimed they had minor 'muscular alerts'.......nothing to see here.
    While Kosh keeps playing through a fairly serious achilles problem. This is code for snowflakery imo. Whatever else one thinks of them, Erzl, Alexis and Ramsey are probably the three players most likely to get us goals. He doesn't even trust his incredibly expensive number nine to play a whole football match.

#bouldyin

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    #bouldyin
    Whilst I quite like the non-communicative Bouldy . . . he and every single member of the coaching team need ****ing out of the window. I hear even Sir Chesney was (more or less) slagging Gerry Peyton off

... and what was RvP's comment to Rio Ferdinand..?

“I remember Robin van Persie loving that. He told me that at Arsenal you wanted to win, but at United you had to win."
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Anyway, it's the other way about. It's because they're professionals that you don't need to motivate them, you just have to pay them. Football is a self-motivating activity; either you want to play or you don't. That's the rule.

Perhaps it's true, we're just not good enough and this is *how* we're not good enough and you just have to accept it?
    So which is it? You first said they are not robots, and that they have feelings, which is why they're allowed a day off to go and cry about their international failure. Then you are basically saying that they are robots, and all you have to do is switch them on and feed them money and they go and play, and motivation doesn't come into it.

Second point is bang on though. We're not good enough because we are weak. Not every week, but too many weaks on too many weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I think the real issue is being so ready to accept this. In a sporting environment surely the response to not being good enough is to try and improve so you are good enough? Accepting your failures as inevitable seems to be a complete waste of time.....
    I'd rather the players and the club didn't accept it, as they're the only ones who can do anything about it. For us as fans, accepting inevitable failure as inevitable failure is most sensible imo, and the only way to avoid one's weekend being spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    While Kosh keeps playing through a fairly serious achilles problem. This is code for snowflakery imo. Whatever else one thinks of them, Erzl, Alexis and Ramsey are probably the three players most likely to get us goals. He doesn't even trust his incredibly expensive number nine to play a whole football match.

#bouldyin
    Regarding your final comment, I'm not sure it's anything to do with trust, as such. I've been assuming it's because he's compensating for Giroud's form and loyalty by throwing him 20 minutes in every game.