Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Granit Jacka

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Agreed that this is not a problem re individuals but there is an issue with Ramsey. Not his fault, but the idea that a guy cant play at the weekend because he is too disappointed about a game in Cardiff on the previous Monday is ****ing ludicrous. If it was a family bereavement or something similar then yes, fair enough. But its ****ing football!

Anyone indulging their players like that is an idiot.
    All the same though, players are not robots. Perhaps, after representing their countries, both Ramsey and Alexis were *emotionally* tired

"Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    All the same though, players are not robots. Perhaps, after representing their countries, both Ramsey and Alexis were *emotionally* tired

Nonsense as then you are dealing with an issue here where your Manager/Coach and his staff are unable to motivate and prepare players, professional footballers after all, for a game.

I suspect you know where this is going.

#WengerOut

Anyway, it's the other way about. It's because they're professionals that you don't need to motivate them, you just have to pay them. Football is a self-motivating activity; either you want to play or you don't. That's the rule.

Perhaps it's true, we're just not good enough and this is *how* we're not good enough and you just have to accept it?

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Nonsense as then you are dealing with an issue here where your Manager/Coach and his staff are unable to motivate and prepare players, professional footballers after all, for a game.

I suspect you know where this is going.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Anyway, it's the other way about. It's because they're professionals that you don't need to motivate them, you just have to pay them. Football is a self-motivating activity; either you want to play or you don't. That's the rule.

Perhaps it's true, we're just not good enough and this is *how* we're not good enough and you just have to accept it?
    This is a huge part of the issue, no point in getting massively upset when we lose to lesser sides, it is where we currently are.

We are on a given day capable of beating a City or whoever but equally we are quite a distance behind them. Our days of being brilliant and even invincible are well behind us.

This is a huge part of the issue, no point in getting massively upset when we lose to lesser sides, it is where we currently are.

We are on a given day capable of beating a City or whoever but equally we are quite a distance behind them. Our days of being brilliant and even invincible are well behind us.
    I think the real issue is being so ready to accept this. In a sporting environment surely the response to not being good enough is to try and improve so you are good enough? Accepting your failures as inevitable seems to be a complete waste of time.....

I think the real issue is being so ready to accept this. In a sporting environment surely the response to not being good enough is to try and improve so you are good enough? Accepting your failures as inevitable seems to be a complete waste of time.....
    No, it's most decidedly not a waste of time, because they are paying you for it. Not to win, mind you. Just to play.

I'd rather the players and the club didn't accept it, as they're the only ones who can do anything about it. For us as fans, accepting inevitable failure as inevitable failure is most sensible imo, and the only way to avoid one's weekend being spoiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'd rather the players and the club didn't accept it, as they're the only ones who can do anything about it. For us as fans, accepting inevitable failure as inevitable failure is most sensible imo, and the only way to avoid one's weekend being spoiled.
    A cynical view would be that there has to be consequences for repeated failures. There dont appear to be any, at an level. A cosy club- a safe space, even.

He said the players were shocked in the dressing room. I would expect to see fist fights.

Right. Although, I'd be far more concerned about losing to your Watfords than I would be about defeats against your Manchester Citys.

What have you made of the response to Manchester United's point at Anfield

Right. Although, I'd be far more concerned about losing to your Watfords than I would be about defeats against your Manchester Citys.

What have you made of the response to Manchester United's point at Anfield
    I have not really over exposed myself to it. The outcome with Mourinho being pragmatic and seeming to prioritise not losing over actually winning does not surprise me, he has form.

Sad scenes in a way as even less Pogba and whoever else they should have been good enough to beat an average Liverpool team.

I am sure he sees it as a point well earned, which perhaps any such point away from home is?