Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: So what is the deal with Jorge's emergence as a bona fide social justice warrior on

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Good christ.

Get a grip man.

It's a George Orwell quote. "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Not around Aldershot in the late 80's
    Oh, they're animals, and no mistake. A chap I knew who used to occasionally be sent to stay in barracks at Aldershot used to loosen the metal leg of his bed before going to sleep in the knowledge that, at some point in the night, he would almost certainly require a weapon to defend himself in the inevitbale fight, for, lacking an enemy, Paras will happily fight each other.

Some of the finest troops on earth, and all volunteers, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    It's a George Orwell quote. "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf."
    You sounded positively American in the lunatic way they view those who serve.

That is not a good thing, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Oh, they're animals, and no mistake. A chap I knew who used to occasionally be sent to stay in barracks at Aldershot used to loosen the metal leg of his bed before going to sleep in the knowledge that, at some point in the night, he would almost certainly require a weapon to defend himself in the inevitbale fight, for, lacking an enemy, Paras will happily fight each other.

So fine they failed to defeat a ragged bunch of amateur freedom fighters.

So fine they failed to defeat a ragged bunch of amateur freedom fighters.

Absolutely, thjat why you're living in the island of the Republic of Ireland including the top bit, bravely liberated by Paddy and Mick.

Oh.

Orwell didn't mean it like that. He meant it as a reminder to those who sneer at the armed forces that their freedom to do so is entirely reliant on the people they sneer at. Always worth bearing in mind, that - without going into paroxysms of military worship, of course.

The Duke knew whereof he spake when it came to such chaps.

Absolutely, thjat why you're living in the island of the Republic of Ireland including the top bit, bravely liberated by Paddy and Mick.

Oh.

Oh I am not claiming the Republican side won either. I don't think you will ever have heard me claim such.

Btw the island as such is merely Ireland, but then you knew that.

If it weren't for us, Seamus, you'd be speaking Deutsche; that is if they had bothered to cross another strip of water. Put that in your wee pipe and smoke it, Danny Boy.

oi oi Chief you old ****!

Yeah cheers for that £5b loan on the last day of the war, couldn't have done it without ya!
    'Seems that I was busy doing something close to nothing
    But different than the day before'

'Met a dwarf that was no good, dressed like Little Red Riding Hood'

'Now you're unemployed, all non-void
    Walkin' round like you're Pretty Boy Floyd'