Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Thread: US Soccerball

US Soccerball

Bwaa aaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaa

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Arrowhead View Post
    Bwaa aaa haaaaaaa haaaaaaa haaaaa
    I understood that victory against Trinidad was a mere formality, chief. What happened to your brave Yanqui boys?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I understood that victory against Trinidad was a mere formality, chief. What happened to your brave Yanqui boys?
    They are very **** right now for sure . Probably going to be 10-15 yrs before they benefit from the whole CTE thing and have some good players again

The Taylor Twellman rant afterwards though

One thing though - Pulisic is world class and I wouldn't mind if we got him as a replacement for Alexis...explosive pace and skills, vision, rides challenges, two footed. He's got Arsenal written all over him.

So the US can build their next team around him.

About Trinidad...those of us with longer memories would know their was real history in that fixture...back in 89 Trinidad needed a win or draw at home vs the US to qualify for Italia 90 but lost 1nil.

Pretty sure their was an element of revenge last night.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    The Taylor Twellman rant afterwards though

One thing though - Pulisic is world class and I wouldn't mind if we got him as a replacement for Alexis...explosive pace and skills, vision, rides challenges, two footed. He's got Arsenal written all over him.

So the US can build their next team around him.

About Trinidad...those of us with longer memories would know their was real history in that fixture...back in 89 Trinidad needed a win or draw at home vs the US to qualify for Italia 90 but lost 1nil.

Pretty sure their was an element of revenge last night.
    Still though Tony ... the US should not be losing to Trinidad at ANYTHING! They hammer Panama 4-zip over the weekend and stilll lose out to them in qualification..pathetic

I dunno BB...if you remove Pulisic and put them in the Premier League they would get relegated. Probably even the Championship.

A very poor bunch....you know things are bad when the ace up your sleeve is Clint Dempsey.

Was hoping Panama got 4th because I was planning a massive bet on them to beat Australia but during the game I thought if the US got 4th then the Australians would have too much heart for the likes of Bradley, Altidore and Bobby Wood.

As it is I'll give Honduras-Australia the swerve.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony C View Post
    I dunno BB...if you remove Pulisic and put them in the Premier League they would get relegated. Probably even the Championship.

A very poor bunch....you know things are bad when the ace up your sleeve is Clint Dempsey.

Was hoping Panama got 4th because I was planning a massive bet on them to beat Australia but during the game I thought if the US got 4th then the Australians would have too much heart for the likes of Bradley, Altidore and Bobby Wood.

As it is I'll give Honduras-Australia the swerve.
    My primary amusement in the whole disaster is that the Soccerheads around here always think that just around the corner will be our rise to preeminence th eglobal hierarchy. Fat chance. It pains them in the knowledge that Soccerball runs in about 8th place in sports popularity, just ahead of tennis.

Now there's plenty of athletes to go around so there is a slim chance with some sort of direction and purpose. but there's not. US Soccerball is composed of separate fiefdoms all engaged in petty turf battles. Now we were onto something in '02. that squad utilized speed and athleticism, an "American" trait in sports that can translate to soccerball. Think of wide receivers in football. that was post Claudio Reyna, who needed the game to be at a snail's pace to keep up. If they would have stayed on that path there was a chance.

but two things have occured since. 1) Everyone else has gotten bigger, faster, stronger and 2) thepowers that be decided that they pined for a more technical style of play and player just like the EUROPEANS!!!. We ain't got any, except those foreign born and raised players. So they hired Klinsmann who brought in a technical appproach, but also with no tactical sense in terms of what the players were actually capable of. He brought in a bunch of German army brats, thus creating a permanent divide in the squad. We should have NOT qualified for Brazil, but did and then got lucky in that tournament. Alas, it ws a false dawn and Arena was called in to pick up the pieces with a hopeles squad that he couldn't coach because they didn't buy in.

Now it's a shambles and truly back to square one. Serves them right.
    Last edited by Chief Arrowhead; 10-13-2017 at 03:06 PM.