Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Now Myleene Klass has got in on the Harvey Weinstein act.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not at all. I was confused as to why he had been set upon a hook and allowed to decay until his tail feathers dropped out and his meat was tender - after all, who would eat a jew? After some research, I found out that he had been executed at the gibbet, but your imprecise use of language cost me a good 10 minutes of my life.

You are clearly in a captious frame of mind this morning. What ails thee?

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    You are clearly in a captious frame of mind this morning. What ails thee?
    Not at all, I am simply in Bantmeister General mood.

Actually, I'm in a pretty decent mood as I will be booking our January trip today

In cases where it was 'shag me and you get the part', he was.
    Still corruption, though. A bribe to secure a contract is a mutually beneficial transaction, but if that becomes the norm in business (eg you have to do it to get the deal) and politics you get a corrupt society.

As I said the other day, I think a lot of women who've happily benefitted from the casting couch are now using this furore to frame themselves as victims - or indeed to mask their activities by claiming he propositioned them but they refused.

Otherwise, you'd have to say that he had a very poor strike rate, wouldn't you?
    Take this quote from Kate Beckinsdale:

"I was called to meet Harvey Weinstein at the Savoy Hotel when I was 17. When I arrived, reception told me to go to his room. He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him. After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed. A few years later he asked me if he had tried anything with me in that first meeting. I realized he couldn't remember if he had assaulted me or not."

The way she phrases this makes it sound as if Weinstein has only ever assaulted women, and could never have simply coerced them into concensual sex. Maybe he just couldn't remember if he'd fúcked her or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    Not at all, I am simply in Bantmeister General mood.

Actually, I'm in a pretty decent mood as I will be booking our January trip today
    Oh, good. Where this time?

Still going well with the vaping. No pangs for the coffin nails?

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Still corruption, though. A bribe to secure a contract is a mutually beneficial transaction, but if that becomes the norm in business (eg you have to do it to get the deal) and politics you get a corrupt society.
    Sure, but both sides are equally complicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Take this quote from Kate Beckinsdale:

"I was called to meet Harvey Weinstein at the Savoy Hotel when I was 17. When I arrived, reception told me to go to his room. He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him. After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed. A few years later he asked me if he had tried anything with me in that first meeting. I realized he couldn't remember if he had assaulted me or not."

The way she phrases this makes it sound as if Weinstein has only ever assaulted women, and could never have simply coerced them into concensual sex. Maybe he just couldn't remember if he'd fúcked her or not?
    Well that quote is a classic example of condemnation by suggestion. He's actually done nothing in that anecdote at all that is illegal as far as I'm aware. Creepy, sure, but not illegal or even particularly sleazy.

Well that quote is a classic example of condemnation by suggestion. He's actually done nothing in that anecdote at all that is illegal as far as I'm aware. Creepy, sure, but not illegal or even particularly sleazy.
    Well if you were a powerful producer and asked for a meeting with a young actress who is only 17, and at this meeting in his hotel room he is only weraing a bathrobe... i would find that sleazy.
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

I like the sound of 'hung' better.
    Top wriggling b

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well if you were a powerful producer and asked for a meeting with a young actress who is only 17, and at this meeting in his hotel room he is only weraing a bathrobe... i would find that sleazy.
    You're as obsessed with dressing gowns as wes. What the hell is wrong with you dressing gown fundamentalists?

He might have had pyjamas underneath. Or pants.