Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Now Myleene Klass has got in on the Harvey Weinstein act.

Quote Originally Posted by Pokster View Post
    Well if you were a powerful producer and asked for a meeting with a young actress who is only 17, and at this meeting in his hotel room he is only weraing a bathrobe... i would find that sleazy.
    It's creepy, certainly, but as far as we can see he didn't even put a move on her. The worst we can say is that he offered a 17 year-old a drink - and that's hardly Jimmy Savile behaviour, is it?

The point is that this type of story is supposed to damn by insinuation despite having no substance to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    Sure, but both sides are equally complicit.
    This is the point that seems to being missed. So far, it seems as though it's consensual, they might not have wanted to do it but they certainly didn't have to do it.

It's creepy, certainly, but as far as we can see he didn't even put a move on her. The worst we can say is that he offered a 17 year-old a drink - and that's hardly Jimmy Savile behaviour, is it?

The point is that this type of story is supposed to damn by insinuation despite having no substance to it.
    Hang on - are you saying Jimmy Savile was guilty even though he was never given a trial

I believe the numbers of women coming forward and the fact he has admitted consensual sex shows how sleazy the whole thing was... it is a little bit like the Paul Sampson case, you are in a position of power and can offer "advantages" to the women if they shag you, that is an abuse of power.

Hardly new in hollywood, I would be shocked if there aren't an awful large of Producers/Directors now very nervous
    Northern Monkey ... who can't upload a bleeding Avatar

It was having all the faces pre-imagined for me by the musical.

I must say I was quite shocked by the visceral brutality of Nancy's murder. Expected the violence to be alluded to rather than so vivid.

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Take this quote from Kate Beckinsdale:

"I was called to meet Harvey Weinstein at the Savoy Hotel when I was 17. When I arrived, reception told me to go to his room. He opened the door in his bathrobe. I was incredibly naive and young and it did not cross my mind that this older, unattractive man would expect me to have any sexual interest in him. After declining alcohol and announcing that I had school in the morning I left, uneasy but unscathed. A few years later he asked me if he had tried anything with me in that first meeting. I realized he couldn't remember if he had assaulted me or not."

The way she phrases this makes it sound as if Weinstein has only ever assaulted women, and could never have simply coerced them into concensual sex. Maybe he just couldn't remember if he'd fúcked her or not?
    I think it is very difficult to form an opinion on this without a picture of a 17-year-old Kate Beckinsale, possibly in her school uniform

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    Top wriggling b

Sir C is well aware that I know the difference between 'hung' and 'hanged'. However, as a skilled and practised user of the English language at a certain level, I get to choose those 'rules' to which I adhere and those to which I don't. As the most cursory research will tell you, most such 'rules' are entirely arbitrary and don't stand up to the slightest scrutiny.

Here, for instance, we have the regular and irregular past participles of the verb 'to hang'. Each is equally valid and easily understood, but recent tradition has dictated that one be used in one context and one in another. In fact, they were used interchangeably for centuries and there is no logic behind not doing so other than to avoid the barbs of pedants who wish to castigate you for doing nothing wrong.
    Last edited by Burney; 10-13-2017 at 10:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    I think it is very difficult to form an opinion on this without a picture of a 17-year-old Kate Beckinsale, possibly in her school uniform
    Are you in your dressing gown, la?

Quote Originally Posted by Herbert Augustus Chapman View Post
    It was having all the faces pre-imagined for me by the musical.

I must say I was quite shocked by the visceral brutality of Nancy's murder. Expected the violence to be alluded to rather than so vivid.
    I'm going to say it:'Oliver!' is better than 'Oliver Twist'.

Ron Moody 'I'm reviewing the situation.'

Top jewing by the lad Moody, there.

As I said the other day, I think a lot of women who've happily benefitted from the casting couch are now using this furore to frame themselves as victims - or indeed to mask their activities by claiming he propositioned them but they refused.

Otherwise, you'd have to say that he had a very poor strike rate, wouldn't you?
    In fairness, he couldn't be expected to get everyone an Academy award, could he.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."