Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So Her Majesty will no longer be laying a wreath at the Cenotaph due to age and

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Political Editor for The Sun.

Now I am no current affairs nor political newshound but even I can tell this is not a journalistic position of much gravitas.

I think his newspaper is big on the whole Remembrance thing, the poppy etc.
    Au contraire - his predecessor (minus one, I think) Trevor Kavanagh was a highly respected and influential journalist - arguably more so than his broadsheet contemporaries. Have to admit I haven't heard of this **** but was quite glad to find when googling him that his middle name is Zoltan.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post
    I take it your paths have crossed, then, la?
    Actually no - just thought the tweet was reprehensible (and I am no royalist)

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Actually no - just thought the tweet was reprehensible (and I am no royalist)
    The thing that was particularly reprehensible (and funny) was that he was trying to be holier-than-thou about it to The Queen, a woman who served in the war whose record of public service (whatever you may think of the monarchy) is pretty much irreproachable.

Cünt.

The thing that was particularly reprehensible (and funny) was that he was trying to be holier-than-thou about it to The Queen, a woman who served in the war whose record of public service (whatever you may think of the monarchy) is pretty much irreproachable.

Cünt.
    I've hated all tabloid journalists since that episode of Morse where that **** was nasty to Morse.

I must say, Chief Superintendent Strange wasn't as supportive as he might have been.

Cünt.
    Apart from being vicious, nasty and spectacularly ill-judged, the whole "I'm a loyal subject" thing he starts with is the kind of pomposity that turns some of us off about royalism in the first place. And he's clearly not that much of a loyal subject given what he goes on to say about a frail old lady, he's an unpleasant, self-important little cùnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    I've hated all tabloid journalists since that episode of Morse where that **** was nasty to Morse.

I must say, Chief Superintendent Strange wasn't as supportive as he might have been.
    Yeah, but Morse was a bit of a cùnt himself imo. He was often unkind to poor old Lewis.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Apart from being vicious, nasty and spectacularly ill-judged, the whole "I'm a loyal subject" thing he starts with is the kind of pomposity that turns some of us off about royalism in the first place. And he's clearly not that much of a loyal subject given what he goes on to say about a frail old lady, he's an unpleasant, self-important little cùnt.
    Yes. Mind you, I think the fact that he clearly thought he’d get applauded by pompous poppy-pushers and instead got a thorough kicking from all parties makes it pretty funny.

Yeah, but Morse was a bit of a cùnt himself imo. He was often unkind to poor old Lewis.
    What a thing to say!

Lewis loved him

HE DIDN'T DIE HE DIDN'T DIE HE DIDN'T DIE!

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    What a thing to say!

Lewis loved him

HE DIDN'T DIE HE DIDN'T DIE HE DIDN'T DIE!
    Stockholm Syndrome imo. He came to love his abuser.

After all, there was a reason why every woman who ever had anything to do with Morse left him. It’s ‘cos he was a cantankerous opera bore with a gimpy leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    Very succinctly put Ash. I was going to called him an odious little pustule but I think you have hit the nail squarely enough.

I have no time for monarchies but I am sure old Queenie will be mortified that she cannot attend and I am equally sure she must be in ghastly health to even think about skipping.