Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Her Majesty will no longer be laying a wreath at the Cenotaph due to age and

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

So Her Majesty will no longer be laying a wreath at the Cenotaph due to age and

infirmity. Sad seens imo.

Although apparently, being an increasingly frail 91 year-old woman isn't a good enough excuse for this rampant prick.

DL7RXJWXcAAOIG3.jpg-large.jpg
    Last edited by Burney; 10-12-2017 at 10:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Burney View Post

Although apparently, being an increasingly frail 91 year-old woman isn't a good enough excuse for this rampant prick.

It's the begiining of the end, b. You know what's coming, don't you? His Royal Lunatic Highness the Prince of Making This Country A Republic Inside Ten Years.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir C View Post
    It's the begiining of the end, b. You know what's coming, don't you? His Royal Lunatic Highness the Prince of Making This Country A Republic Inside Ten Years.
    I do find the prospect of her going quite horrid, I must admit. I'm more sanguine about Charles than most, though. Not because I think he isn't a bit of a div, but because I think the system will hem him in sufficiently and - if it doesn't - he can if necessary be quietly moved on.

It's going to take a long time to get used to the idea of 'God Save The King', though.

I do find the prospect of her going quite horrid, I must admit. I'm more sanguine about Charles than most, though. Not because I think he isn't a bit of a div, but because I think the system will hem him in sufficiently and - if it doesn't - he can if necessary be quietly moved on.

It's going to take a long time to get used to the idea of 'God Save The King', though.
    I fear that he's worse than 'a bit of a div' and might well become a vocal, proselytising loony for any number of nonsensical causes.

'God Save The King' sounds pleasingly martial to me. I think I'll rather like it.

I fear that he's worse than 'a bit of a div' and might well become a vocal, proselytising loony for any number of nonsensical causes.

'God Save The King' sounds pleasingly martial to me. I think I'll rather like it.
    I don't know. I think he's been pretty successfully inculcated with the duties, responsibilities and limitations of being a constitutional monarch over a lifetime. I suspect he'll be less vocal than people think.

Jolly right too. Think of all the millions we'll make selling off those ridiculous palaces and castles.

We'll be able to build a few new hospitals c - and fill them with home grown ISIS cockwarts who've blown themselves up with their useless weed-killer bombs.

Political Editor for The Sun.

Now I am no current affairs nor political newshound but even I can tell this is not a journalistic position of much gravitas.

I think his newspaper is big on the whole Remembrance thing, the poppy etc.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Political Editor for The Sun.

Now I am no current affairs nor political newshound but even I can tell this is not a journalistic position of much gravitas.

I think his newspaper is big on the whole Remembrance thing, the poppy etc.
    Perhaps so, but it's also very pro-Her Maj. Either way, his tweet went down like a cup of cold sick and he deleted it amidst everyone telling him what a cùnt he is.

Perhaps so, but it's also very pro-Her Maj. Either way, his tweet went down like a cup of cold sick and he deleted it amidst everyone telling him what a cùnt he is.
    Good

Quote Originally Posted by Luis Anaconda View Post
    Good
    I take it your paths have crossed, then, la?