Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks as though Ozil is staying

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    No we don’t, we are as the cliché goes bigger than him, bigger than any player. He leaves, he is replaced, we move on.

I can understand his agent trying to spin this scenario as he still has to turn out for us each week, and on that basis needs supporters on his sides, however at this point of proceedings it is very difficult to see him staying.

If he really wanted to stay it would have been sorted in the summer, now it is definitely within his interest to see out his deal and see what is on offer elsewhere.
    Oh, I get that, from Mesut's point of view. But I reckon we, or at least Wenger, would be bitterly disappointed if he left. After all, didn't he essentially say he would stay if Wenger did? Özil is still our jewel in the crown, after all. Certainly one of them anyway.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Calum Chambers too apparently, which is actually far more important; the lad is a serious talent on my FIFA career. PSG want 95 million quid for him
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    Calum Chambers too apparently, which is actually far more important; the lad is a serious talent on my FIFA career. PSG want 95 million quid for him
    FIFA 18 just out, much excitement chez SW about the fact it will include Lacazette as an Arsenal player. Have to say he has gained an almost legendary status so early in his career.

I did suggest that instead of me forking out €60 on the new game he simply bought the player from Lyon in the FIFA 17 game, but he assures me this is not possible.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    FIFA 18 just out, much excitement chez SW about the fact it will include Lacazette as an Arsenal player. Have to say he has gained an almost legendary status so early in his career.

I did suggest that instead of me forking out €60 on the new game he simply bought the player from Lyon in the FIFA 17 game, but he assures me this is not possible.

I can't imagine why not, unless he hasn't got enough cash. In any case, there's ways around that.

We appear to be playing better as a unit without him.

Still very much the luxury player at times. He doesn't always 'put in a shift' when we're up against it, so to speak.
    His talent is there for all to see but I could never really take the rumours about him going to United as being serious. Maureen loves a workhorse and that isn't him.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    We appear to be playing better as a unit without him.
    We'd have put 8 past Brighton if he'd been playing*

*conjecture

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    We'd have put 8 past Brighton if he'd been playing*

*conjecture
    That is possible. His best form is usually reserved for the weaker sides.

Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Still very much the luxury player at times. He doesn't always 'put in a shift' when we're up against it, so to speak.
    His talent is there for all to see but I could never really take the rumours about him going to United as being serious. Maureen loves a workhorse and that isn't him.
    istr Ozil was a much different player when he was at Real Madrid. Often very direct, running at (and past) players. Does nothing like that at The Arsenal.

Still, I suppose he wasn't surrounded by second rate ****ers at RM...
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    istr Ozil was a much different player when he was at Real Madrid. Often very direct, running at (and past) players. Does nothing like that at The Arsenal.

Still, I suppose he wasn't surrounded by second rate ****ers at RM...
    Wengerout ?