Click here for Arsenal FC news and reports

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Looks as though Ozil is staying

Looks as though Ozil is staying

Quote Originally Posted by World's End Stella View Post
    Brilliant
    Must be true.

I expect this is just his agent trying a positive spin on recent media which has painted MO in quite a bad light. Did I read a suggestion from Keown of feigned injury?

I told you that about 3 months ago when the **** moved house

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    Fairly sure I've always said I thought he'd stay. Just relaying media affirmation

He's staying because no one wants him...a good opportunity for us to cut his fee then.

If there's no competition then no need to pay him 250 a week.

Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Fairly sure I've always said I thought he'd stay. Just relaying media affirmation
    Holy fúck. You are putting some serious weight into a spurious internet quote.

Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    Holy fúck. You are putting some serious weight into a spurious internet quote.
    It's a pretty desperate situation for us, ain't it. We really need him to stay.
    "Plenty of strikers can score goals," he said, gesturing to the famous old stands casting shadows around us.

"But a lot have found it difficult wearing the number 9 shirt for The Arsenal."

Quote Originally Posted by Monty92 View Post
    That was just to get a bit further away from you though.

Quote Originally Posted by redgunamo View Post
    It's a pretty desperate situation for us, ain't it. We really need him to stay.
    No we don’t, we are as the cliché goes bigger than him, bigger than any player. He leaves, he is replaced, we move on.

I can understand his agent trying to spin this scenario as he still has to turn out for us each week, and on that basis needs supporters on his sides, however at this point of proceedings it is very difficult to see him staying.

If he really wanted to stay it would have been sorted in the summer, now it is definitely within his interest to see out his deal and see what is on offer elsewhere.