Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Looks as though Ozil is staying

  1. #21
    Senior Member PSRB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    11,319
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    istr Ozil was a much different player when he was at Real Madrid. Often very direct, running at (and past) players. Does nothing like that at The Arsenal.

    Still, I suppose he wasn't surrounded by second rate ****ers at RM...
    Mesut Ozil has provided more assists (42) and created more chances (407) than any other player*

    *Since his PL debut

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by IUFG View Post
    istr Ozil was a much different player when he was at Real Madrid. Often very direct, running at (and past) players. Does nothing like that at The Arsenal.

    Still, I suppose he wasn't surrounded by second rate ****ers at RM...
    My recollection of him at RM was him having far more time and space on the ball than he does with us, and more options in front of him. Because he played with better players and in a league with less teams that offered RM any threat. In that environment I thought he did very well.

    Before Mourinho substituted him on 70 minutes, of course.

  3. #23
    Senior Member IUFG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Mobius
    Posts
    5,931
    Quote Originally Posted by 7sisters View Post
    Wengerout ?
    without doubt, 7s
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

  4. #24
    Senior Member IUFG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    The Mobius
    Posts
    5,931
    Quote Originally Posted by PSRB View Post
    Mesut Ozil has provided more assists (42) and created more chances (407) than any other player*

    *Since his PL debut
    He's a fine player, alright.

    Just a different one to the one I remember at RM.
    “Other clubs never came into my thoughts once I knew Arsenal wanted to sign me.”

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by SWv2 View Post
    FIFA 18 just out, much excitement chez SW about the fact it will include Lacazette as an Arsenal player. Have to say he has gained an almost legendary status so early in his career.

    I did suggest that instead of me forking out €60 on the new game he simply bought the player from Lyon in the FIFA 17 game, but he assures me this is not possible.

    You need to put your foot down here, I reckon. Remind him that you're not a bottomless pit of money and if he wanted the game he shouldn't have blown the Lacazette budget on the shirt.

    Meanwhile, you know what to get him for Christmas.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    You need to put your foot down here, I reckon. Remind him that you're not a bottomless pit of money and if he wanted the game he shouldn't have blown the Lacazette budget on the shirt.

    Meanwhile, you know what to get him for Christmas.
    Exactly why I cannot buy it now.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •